Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My Minnie Mouse Baby Lovey

It is so great when something finally clicks and makes sense. I have gotten fairly good at sculptural stuff/amigurumi. My granddaughter, who is turning 1 next month, loves Minnie Mouse, so I decided to crochet her a blankie lovey. The only pattern I could find was very cute but did not have a face. So I looked at pics and made one! I am making a 12" red granny square with one row of black at the bottom and a white ruffle to attach the black head and ears to. I am really excited that I was able to just "see" what I wanted to do with the face and made it. This is it so far: My Minnie Mouse Baby Lovey-image63-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good and you seem to be on the right track. That is a hard face to capture and I think you have done a good job.

3. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, vlpw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    VLPW Hello Im up in Minnesota , cool weather yet. I think the face is as good as it can be, looks fine and please take a pic of it on the Blanky. Thanks for sharing .

5. Likes justplainjudy, vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking right on to me. Will be a great lovie. Looking forward to seeing it when you get all together.

7. Likes N/A, vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, It looks & sounds like it will be really cute when done. Please post a picture when done. I might like to make one adult size. I have a sister in law that is Mickey & Minnie mouse collector.

9. Likes N/A, GrammaJoe, vlpw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good idea! I make some loveys that have the head at one corner instead of in the middle--you could do that, so that it could be folded up. The heads I make are only about the size of a baseball, but you might want to make one bigger. And put arms on it...I just have not been doing that. I hate sewing pieces together and have almost stopped making amigurumi because of it. When I make the loveys, I just attach the 6 sc that would be in the magic circle to the middle of the square. You could do that in the corner stitches. I will definitely post pics.

11. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it. Do any of you know of a site that has free lovie patterns? I have 5 or 6 I would like to make. Thanks. Lawana

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Lawana! Here is the link for a great basic pattern with some variations: Brittas Ami: Baby bl... There are also lots of pics for inspiration from people who have made variations on etsy. Search on ravelry.com for "free crochet blankie lovey" for some good ideas too. Lion Brand has a one piece lovey that I have made (no sewing, yay!) here: Log In / Join the Lion Brand community to get free knitting and free crochet patterns and more! Have fun!

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, search Pinterest and Google - Google especially came up with some awesome pics of ones that folks have made!

Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http:/www.breienmetplezier.nl/Breipatro
    This is a free good sight for Dysney charts and graphs for all kinds of dysney characters. Allot of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It is knitted but I can not see why you could not single crochet them also .. Worth looking at. HAPPY CRAFTING......Davena

17. Likes N/A, Magnolia Blossom, vlpw liked this post