Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My hat Pincushion

I have looked all over for a hat pincushion like my mom had. I could not find a pattern. It took me a couple days to figure out my own pattern and this is what I came up with. I am very happy with how it turned out.. now I need to make another one and write down the stitches as I go.lol .the one picture is all the peices before I sewed it together and stuffed it, I used plastic canvis in the middle to keep it stiff so it will last for years. the other picture is the backside done in white. then the front of the hat. Hugs, Kathy
    Attached Images Attached Images My hat Pincushion-0510132014-jpg My hat Pincushion-0510132215-jpg My hat Pincushion-0510132215a-jpg 
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    never saw one of those. very pretty!
    Crochet Chickadee

3. Likes Kathy B., tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you are working it!! Good job! Are you going to crochet little flowers to decorate? Many, many years ago I used to make big and little hats out of the #10 cotton and stiffen with Sugar/water. Then hot glue on silk flowers and a bow with ribbon hanging down for door decoration. I will see if I still have one here later and show you a picture. I will have the booklet here - somewhere.....Or you can take any doily pattern to use, the whole thing or stop where you want.
    For a pincushion yours is perfect as it is though. Nice solid crown for the pins and stuffing won't show or spill out.

5. Likes Kathy B., tammyc77, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is really nice - great job!!!

7. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks,, I would love to see a picture of yours..I wanted one like my mom had and this looks like it.. the stitches might be different but I like it.. I don't remember the stitches my moms had, just that she kept it hung above the sewing machine when I was little.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

9. Likes GrammaJoe, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Little things we remember.....so cool!!!

11. Likes Kathy B., tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So pretty - nice work and great job figuring it out! I used to have a some little vintage hats like that and used them as wall decor. In looking back now, they were pin cushions, lol! I hope they have not deteriorated in storage. If so, I will make more when you write down the pattern.

13. Likes Kathy B., tammyc77, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hat Pincushion is cute and your own WOW its very good job sweetie. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

15. Likes Kathy B., vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of those hat pin cushions. It was my Mothers. It hangs over my sewing machine. I take very good care of it, because I want it to last as long as I do,. I will hand it down to my granddaughter that likes to sew.
    Sharon

17. Likes N/A, Kathy B., Magnolia Blossom, vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a good job, Kathy. I had an old one out of number 10 thread someone made- Goodness only knows what happened to it. I really like yours!

19. Likes vlpw liked this post