Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need some advice from my fellow crocheters.

Hello my fellow yarnies, I need some advice on how would be the best way to sell my crochet items on-line. I do not even know how I would get started. would I have to create a website? I know there is etsy and some other on-line web sites that you can list your work for a fee. Some of my friends suggested that I go on e-bay and amazon. Any advice would be great.
    Crochet Chickadee

2. Likes cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, good for you for considering the next step. I don't sell on line, yet, if you don't have enough to set up for an estsy account...hear they are really great....word of mouth like you are doing here is a start; getting a web page, writing a blog and having lots and lots of pictures. I've been told this though, that a picture is what you are selling on line, so make that picture POP. Hope this helps....til then happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have not sold online either and was waiting to see some other responses. This has been discussed on our site several times, though. You might try the search box and put in "selling" or "sell" to see what it comes up with. Otherwise, others will be along to add some comments.

5. Likes cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have sold lots of items by word of mouth. I want to sell online, but not alot...just some stuff when I am not working at my job at the assisted living facility. My goal (when Mr. Unexpected Bill does not show up at my door) is to buy a good digital camera and start a Facebook page. I probably won't go to etsy just because I don't want that volume. I once sold collectibles on ebay, which was great, but don't know if I would sell crochet there, haven't researched that. I get tennis elbow when I crochet too much so a "real" business is out for me. But as a sideline, Facebook is going to be my choice, with good pics, as Anaisa said. A blog would be a cool idea too. Good luck to you, keep us posted!

7. Likes libertylady64, cybarra, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I sell my items at home. I give out my business cards and then they call. Sorry I haven't been on site very much lately but last week my husband had surgery and then I got bronchitis. AudreyL

9. Likes Anaisa, libertylady64, missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I do sell online on facebook to my local for sale groups. Do some looking around at groups that other friends are on see large and small groups or like I did I started my own group For Handmade Items only. Then I invited lots of people that I saw in other groups that made things we are up to 105 people in two months. not too bad.I try to post pictures in my groups everyday in most cases it is just a matter of writing bump in the comment section because I had a previous post from the day or two before. This moves your post to the top of the list of for sell items. Each group has rules as to how often your can repost or BUMP your items. As far as pictures I have down loaded pictures from my cell phone or my camera. As long as the pictures are taken in good light don't wait to get a fancy camera . I sell more things to be made than what I already have made so taking orders has to be your own unique way of deciding how you want to do that. Getting paid is an issue I am currently working on, some people I meet locally at a local parking lot and exchange money (never checks) for the crochet items. I also have people that pay me by buying a Money pack card from Walgreens and they call or text me with the numbers that I add the funds to my prepaid card. After the funds are approved then I package up and mail out. It does cost to buy a money pack card so I figure it is for my convenience that the customer is paying me this way so I pay to ship their item. Most people are familiar with money pack cards so its not a big deal to them. Okay the Down side to this is that I have had a few people order stuff in specific colors and then cancel , but it can still be sold right so no loss just aggravation . I have started asking for deposits to stop some of that so hopefully that wont happen often . I have been doing this for about 3 months and have orders out about two months now. Its easy to control the flow of your orders if you feel you have enough work pending for the next week or two them just don't post for a few days.Well didn't mean to be so long winded but I hope but I hope this has shed some light on the subject. and helps some one get started. Just jump in . Its fun .

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea about the Money Pak card! I have Paypal, because I use it to pay for stuff myself and have it set up to receive payments, although I never have. I mostly have been paid in cash when meeting someone somewhere too. I used to work at Michaels and they would just come through my line, lol. I hate to seem too dense, but are those Facebook groups you are talking about or some other kind of sale groups. We have an online yard sale in my city, I wonder if that would work out---hmmm, we should to check on that. Anyway, could you clarify the groups thing for me? Thanks!

12. Likes justplainjudy, libertylady64, cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    well I came in to see what help you needed but I do not sell my stuff so no help for you there, my is all on as donatations to hospitals and nursing homes etc. good luck and happy mother's day jean

14. Likes justplainjudy, libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also wanted to sell my crocheted items. For 2 yrs. now, I've done the craft show thing, and never sold enough to pay for the table. Maybe its where the sale is located (a Catholic school), they get lots of traffic there, maybe I'm just making the wrong things. Last year the rage was the ruffle scarves, and I sold 1, I made 1 of each color. Maybe its the way I display the articles. I really don't know. But I surely wish you the best of luck. I'm open to any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or maybe what I should try, this is going to be my last one. Maybe I should add that its in Nov. and I did crochet Christmas bulbs with an angel inside. The angel has a bead head, I glued curls on for hair, crocheted a dress and wings, everyone thought they were really cute, evidently not cute enough to buy lol. Soooo, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

16. Likes amanda, libertylady64, vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try e-bay or craigs list. Good luck and lots of success. You could also use them as a raffle at different functions where each person pays an amount to get the "door prize" or whatever.
    Last edited by vlkurbanski; 05-13-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: add information

18. Likes libertylady64, cybarra, vlpw liked this post