Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Baby Afghans for Twins to be

Twins, one boy and one girl, are expected in August. I want to make blankies for them but would like to do something other than traditional pink and blue. Mom is going to paint a large giraffe on the wall in their room. Want blankies similar but different. Anyone have any thoughts: Was thinking yellow and green and then add white perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the giraffe going to be in the grass? If so a matching yellow, green and white would be nice. Also, soft variegated browns, toned-down yellow and white would work. I like round, hexagon or star afghans - maybe that would compliment the spots and you could do them in the same colors but different shapes...something to think about. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking star blankets or round blankets using green and yellow. Start and finish with green for the boy and start and finish with yellow for the girl.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes GrammaJoe, vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so close to what I was thinking! Thanx!

6. Likes vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good ideas! Knew you would know what to do!!!!!

8. Likes vlpw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know what you end up making!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have made some Hexagonal ones for baby in Pink and Brown, so striking . Then Blue/Brown . With the giraffe maybe you might like yellow and brown?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili, I started out making a car seat blanket for our great grandbaby. But I ended up making 6 so far. Most of them I used a baby variegated baby yarn. Two of them I made one boy in a deep blue that was a hand dipped yarn and was kind of streaked. The little girl's was a deep rose. They were already born and was 6 mons old. The pattern is in the Red Heart Patterns. The car seat blankets are nice because once you strap the baby in the seat the blanket will not come off. It is under the buckle. My grand daughter used the one for the GGbaby the other day and everyone came up to see the blanket.. She said she had to breast feed the baby and she kept the blanket up over her shoulder and the baby and held the baby thru one of the holes in the blanket. Sure wish I had had something like that when I was trying to breast feed in North Dakota at 40 below. Have fun making your's, I know I did. Margaret

12. Likes vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like vlpw's idea of the soft varigated browns, toned down yellow and white for the little boy. How about soft varigated greens, toned down yellow and white for the little girl? It would keep w/ the color theme but still be somewhat different.

14. Likes vlpw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Margaret:

What a great idea. I will look that up and let you know. I like color ideas too!!!!! Thanks so much. Have a great day!