Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

lots of darling vintage potholders,, free patterns !!!!

Free Crochet Potholder Patterns | Crochet Patterns for those that like pot holders,, check out these vintage ones... very cute... hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you Kathy, those patterns can also be applied to other crochet projects, petuna

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Kathy. Had already found this site and printed some and of course I found more I wanted. lol Thanks.

4. Likes justplainjudy, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Magnolia, Several years ago. we went to music get together and this lady was sitting near me and just going to town with a crochet hook. I just had to find out what she was working on. She said pot holders. It looked like a boat. She picked up some different yarn and made a chain of 25. then single crocheted both sides of the chain. then she kept on going around till she had what looked like a boat. If you lay that down and bring the opposite corners together, that makes a square with the opening going from one corner to the opposite corner.
    Then sew the opening together.
    I make mine with 2 strands of yarn so that I can use them as hot pads on my plastic tablecloth.
    Mar701@hotmail.com Send an address And I will send one. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful site!! Thanks for posting!

7. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Magnolia, Several years ago. we went to music get together and this lady was sitting near me and just going to town with a crochet hook. I just had to find out what she was working on. She said pot holders. It looked like a boat. She picked up some different yarn and made a chain of 25. then single crocheted both sides of the chain. then she kept on going around till she had what looked like a boat. If you lay that down and bring the opposite corners together, that makes a square with the opening going from one corner to the opposite corner.
    Then sew the opening together.
    I make mine with 2 strands of yarn so that I can use them as hot pads on my plastic tablecloth.
    Mar701@hotmail.com Send an address And I will send one.
    Margaret
    Sounds so cute, can you share the pattern???

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy, I never had a pattern. Take a chain of 25. Crochet single stitch all around the chain. NO extra stitch on the ends. On both sides of the chain. As you keep going around the top, it begins to look like a boat. The lady that showed me said she would change colors on the yarn so it would be striped. I use 2 strands together so that it is thicker. I have always used No. 4 yarns. But as long as you use a hook for the size yarn that would work. Set the boat on the table and push the ends toward the center. This makes it lie flat. and the seam goes from one corner to the opposite Take some yarn and needle and sew up the seam. If the seam doesn't come together then you need another row around the top. I know this sounds silly, that is what I told the woman that got me started. I like to take something to work on, sitting in the doctor office and this fits good in my purse. It is also a good way to use scraps of yarn. . Kathy, where is Cygnet? I was born and raised in the Ohio Valley on the west side of the river. Most of my young life was in Bridgeport.

10. Likes cybarra, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You, Margaret. Look in your P M's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Margaret, I am about 50 miles south from Toledo, about an hours drive to Michican, and thanks, I will try it sometine this week.. Hugs, Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kathy what wonderful patterns! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!