Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Socks

Post Thanks / Like

Socks

Are socks hard to crochet? I have seen books that patterns for all levels. I have not been crocheting all that long, but would love to get some socks made for myself before next fall. Hugs, Becky

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion they are so much easier to crochet than they are to knit. I did a CAL with Sassy Stitchers on FB awhile ago and it was really easy to follow and I'm not versed in making clothing only afghans, hats, scarves, and such things as that. Hope that helps answers your question.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    SMJYou girls have given me the incentive to try sock. I bought a book but haven't tried. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, do you have a suggestion for the best pattern to get?

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck! I make only doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything with the toe up. They seem to be the easiest. Check your gage and measure your foot. This is one time when measuring your foot and what stitches YOU crochet in a swatch matters the most. Right down every change you make in the first sock. For example if you increase the stitches in the leg to fit your calf on say the 15th row write it down so you can match it on the other sock. Actually, what I did was make one sock with all the changes and wrote everything down and saw how it came out and made notes of what I wanted to do differently on the next one. I didn't like the way the cup of the heal looked when crocheted to the body of the sock so I made notes to fix that. Make sense? They work up really quickly or at least it seemed like it, or it could have been that I was expecting it to be really hard and it wasn't so bad. Someone else may have an opinion and I hope they will weigh in.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Ty so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    I taught myself how to crochet socks about a year ago. I found help throgh the books on socks and on YouTube. If you need some help along the way I'd be happy to oblige!

12. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. I have found YouTube quite helpful in learning to crochet and various stitches, I will check it out.

14. Likes N/A liked this post