Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Question I have a couple of questions

Does anybody wear a craft glove when they crochet? I don't like to wear the craft glove because it's a compression glove-it's tighter on your hand. I crochet without the glove for awhile and then I put the glove on for awhile and if I still want to crochet I'll leave the glove off for awhile again. What's the point of the gloves? And should I have 2 gloves(1 for each hand)? I only have one craft glove(compression glove). When I wear the glove, I wear it on my right hand.

My other question is this: I'm crocheting a baby blanket and one side goes at a angle(it's supposed to be straight). Does that mean that I'm stretching it when I'm crocheting?Then I stretch the bottom of it(the side that's at an angle) to make it even with the top but I don't want to stretch it out. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    You may not be working into the proper last stitch before turning?

3. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been counting your stitches as you go.... sometimes stitches are accidently dropped causing an angle as you go, and sometimes an extra stitch is gained without realizing it and an angle is acquired. It could also be a tension issue if you start out stitching loose and then as you progress, the stitches become tighter, this will cause a row to be of just a tad bit different. I hope this has helped you. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    First question my first cent; I use two gloves; haven't for a while but yes I got two; your comment of wearing them after you crochet sounds interesting. Second questions, my second cent; like it has been mentioned, you might not be getting all you stitches in; for the first 4 rows or so I count and count; so that's my two cents, hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one glove which I rarely use. It really does comfort the hand, maybe I'll start using it again! Sounds like you might have lost a stitch or two along the way causing your blanket to angle. I've started putting a stitch marker at the end of my row to ensure that I don't miss that important stitch. Counting always helps too.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    First question my first cent; I use two gloves; haven't for a while but yes I got two; your comment of wearing them after you crochet sounds interesting. Second questions, my second cent; like it has been mentioned, you might not be getting all you stitches in; for the first 4 rows or so I count and count; so that's my two cents, hope it helps.
    I meant that sometimes I crochet with the craft gloves on and sometimes I crochet without the craft gloves on. I might have answered the phone before while I still had the craft glove on.

Post Thanks / Like
    The baby blanket I'm crocheting is: Emma's Baby Afghan I'm using a Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. When I started it I used the baby yarn that I had which I think was Bernat yarn. It's just a little bit different shade white than the yarn I bought.
    http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/a...01emmaghan.pdf The pattern is easy. I mean it's easy. I look at the pattern at the beginning and end of a row. I don't really need to count except for the (1,2) double crochets and then on the Bobble row I pull yarn through when there's 4 loops on hookOn Row 2-My one more space at the end is between the 2 double crochets. On Row 3-My first space is between the 2 double crochets and my last space is between 2 double crochets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi J:ean:

I used to use Bernat Baby Coordinates all the time for baby blankets. I would use four skeins, and two strands of yarn. Now I am using Baby Love from Walmart and like it for its softness and ease to work with and am finding I use it all the time.