Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Mother’s Day Crochet Talk Contest – Enter Here! May 2013

Well, are you ready for another Crochet Talk Contest? Mother’s Day is just around the corner and will be here on May 12th!

Here is how you can enter the Mother’s Day contest:

Reply in this thread about a special Mother’s Day you have had in the past. This can be a special time you spent with your mother, or even one of your children. It can also be about how you spent some time with one of your best female friends on this occasion.

Even if you have recently lost your mother, please do not hesitate to share a short post about your love for her, or in remembrance of her. For some, this will be a very emotional time of the year. We want to honor mothers everywhere!

“Contest” closes at midnight on May 12th and a winner will be selected randomly! If you have any questions, please let me know! Thanks to all!

2. Likes CrochetDee, Jean Marie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best mothers day ever was having my boys let me sleep in (for once) and then they made me breakfast in bed.which they helped me eat lol. was a great morning.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just lost my mother Feb 19, 2013. So this is going to be different for me this year. I live in another town from what I grew up in for the last 10 years and unfortunately never really did anything with or gave anything to my mom on Mother's Day. I think just not having Mom here this year is going to be hard on me not being able to at least tell her Happy Mother's Day. I'm going to try to spend at least a minute or 2 thinking of her that day in rememberance of her!!

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    cmnadd - sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost my dad, but still have my mom. So, I know the heart ache involved in losing a parent. We wish you the very best and thank you for posting in remembrance of your mom. May we all take a few moments of silence on Mother's Day in honor of all the mothers who have went on ahead of us...please let us know if we can do anything for you! Thanks for being a part of Crochet Talk!

8. Likes N/A, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too lost my mom on Feb. 19, 2013. She was a wonderful, great, loving, precious mother. I miss my mommy. I called her about every couple of days and sometimes more than once a day. A great woman of prayer. She taught me by her example that there is power is prayer. She would always pray with us kids when we went to bed. And as an adult, I remember her saying that she would go to church ( in the sanctuary) and pray( when there wasn't anybody sitting in the pews) for the people that were going to sit in the pews on Sunday. I think she did this every week. ( sometimes I go to the God Vine Prayer Wall and pray for people). She was a Sunday School Teacher and sometimes I helped with that. We also took care of kids when we lived kiddy corner from the elementary school. She would let the kids do her hair. I remember that we(my sister, sister-in-law, cousin and me and my Mom) would go to the Mother-Daughter Banquet at her church and the men of the church would serve. Yep, that included my Dad. My Dad is still living. I remember that for one Mother's Day, I saw a cross stitch pattern for a rose on the computer. Although I don't like cross stitch, I thought the rose was pretty and I printed out the pattern and got the cross stitch cloth or material (I don't remember what you call it that you do the cross stitch on) and I did the cross stitch rose for her. There was one time I ordered a wreath of roses for her.( I think that was for Mother's Day too.) One time I gave her a plaque(I think it's the I SAID A PRAYER FOR YOU poem and it plays AMAZING GRACE) While my Mom was still living on Earth, I wrote a poem called: My Mother

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww thank you so much Barbara!! Actually I found out a couple weeks(on Ancestry.com) after my mom passed that my real father is gone too. Mom & Dad split up when I was like a year old and we had some family issues and I never got to see him again after I turned like 5 years old, so I don't really have any memories of him. But this was about Moms. So I have lost both of my parents. But I still have the ones who raised me and I shall spend Mother's Day with my (bio)aunt/(adopted) mom (she's my real mom's sister).

11. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean - thank you for sharing your story with us! Sounds like some nice things you did for your mom that you will be able to cherish for years to come!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to be a tough Mother's Day, since my Mom just passed away March. 20th. But I want to share a cross stitch piece she did for my Grandmother. Which I now have hanging up in my living room. And the colors go perfect with my living room.
    "A Mother is
    God's gift to us,
    sent from up above.
    She dries our tears,
    calms our fears,
    and wraps us in her love.

I found it a couple days after the funeral. And I don't remember seeing it in her closet before - at least not where I could see it. I think it was meant for me to find.
    Joy Ann

14. Likes N/A, little drummer, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The poem I wrote called: My Mother
    She's made of a sweet smelling rose
    that blossoms its love to all she meets.
    This special rose is
    watered by God.
    The warmth of the sunshine brings her joy.
    Her sweet smelling perfume is as sweet as she is.
    There is no other sweeter rose
    than my Mother.

I have this poem in the National Library of Poetry (I have a copy of the book)

I also wrote What Is A Mother? A Mother is someone who tucks her child in bed at night and says a prayer by her side. A Mother is someone who stays up half the night when her child is sick. She's someone who praises her child when her child brings home a good report card; but disciplines her child, just like Christ disciplines His children. A Mother is someone who teaches her child how to pray. She's someone you can share your dreams and secrets with. A Mother is someone who's there when her daughter receives her high school diploma. She's there when her daughter gets married; And She's there when her daughter has her first child. A Mother is a special person. She loves and cares for her child. She always makes her daughter's birthday special. And what's more? She takes interest in her child's activities and career. So what more could a daughter ask in a Mother who's loving, kind and caring? A Mother is someone you never stop loving. She comforts her child when she's sad and smiles when she's happy. She used to hold her in her arms, but now, she still holds her in her heart. Thank you Mothers for being so special!

I wrote this for the Mother/Daughter Banquet( May 1, 1987) at our church when we(our family) went to North Holland Reformed Church

I also wrote What Is A Sister?
    A sister is someone you can laugh with. She's someone who shares her tears, but also her joys. A sister is a very special friend. She's someone who always has a place in your heart.

Sisters ,together or apart are bound by love. They never forget the joy of laughter. A sister is someone you can tell secrets to. The hope of love; the peace of happiness; all these things are found deep within her heart.

A sister is someone who shares her dreams. She's someone who is a blessing to many. A sister is someone who cares. She's someone who brightens the lives of those she meets. Thank you for being a very special friend.

I also wrote the poem My Sister
    She's a rosebud that sings the song of love.
    Watered by all who care; she shares the joy of laughter.
    When the flower of happiness starts to wither; the sunshine of love gives her hope.
    Through storms she has passed; A rose.

I have a song from church : Faith Of Our Mothers (to the tune of Faith Of Our Fathers) and I have A Christian Home ( to the tune of Finlandia) (I just have the words to these songs; I don't have the music)

Scroll up a little ways and in the poem What is a Sister, the words-someone who always has a place in your heart bound by love and a blessing to many, someone who cares and brightens the lives of those she meets The hope of love; the peace of happiness; all these things are found deep within her heart could have been written for my Mom.
    I have an angel that my Mom gave me and I came across old cards from my Mom and Dad that was for my birthday or Christmas or Valentines Day. I know I have Easter Cards from my parents and I probably have cards from other holidays from them. (My Mom liked to make embroidery cards. She liked all kinds of crafts. She was prayer warrior.)

And I was supposed to make this short!?

16. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mom gave me a photo book last Christmas that she put magazine clippings(stories, puzzles, jokes) in. And then she didn't have enough room in the album for everything so she put the rest in a brown envelope.

And by the way, what does the winner of this contest get?