Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Red Heart Yarn says it is made in the USA

Red Heart says there yarns are made in the USA, and there Team Spirit is included in that list.. Well I bought some Team Spirit yarn, and it was made in China.. I haven't boughten any of there other yarns, has anyone boughten any of there other yarns lately? Are they made in the USA? I prefer to buy American made yarn, but it aggrivates me that they say the Team Spirit is made in the USA and it isn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    my red hear super saver was made in the USA
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    It's my understanding that the raw material is made in the USA and then sent to either China or Canada or wherever for processing into the skeins or hanks of yarn, then shipped back to us for sale. But, I could be wrong. Ever since Sam Walton died and his children took over, Wal-Mart has not been the same.--Jan

4. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irishjl: The raw material is grown here and then shipped to China? No wonder everything cost so much, if it is made into yarn over to china then that means it is made in China.. That is very misleading of RedHeart. Never did care for RedHeart yarn but thought if they made all there yarn in USA I would start buying more of there yarn. But with misleading statements like that I won't buy anything from them, simply because they are trying to mislead people..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...all of the yarn that I have does say that it's made in the U.S.A. I have noticed that sometimes the yarns are rougher than I think they should be. Not sure about it all being made here. I think that we should all start called them to find out what's going on.

7. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think its only the super saver that is made in the USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a post directly from the Red Heart site. It lists 20 types of their yarn that is made in the USA at their mill in Albany, Georgia. The Team Spirit yarn is on the list.

Red Heart Yarns Made in the USA | Red Heart
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that is what I said in my first post, that it says online that Team Spirit is made in USA but The wrapper on the Spirit Team yarn says it is from China.. What they say online isn;t neccessarily True, people lie. I don't think the wrapper on the yarn would say it was from China if it wasn't. I think I will call Red Heart.. I don't like companies who misrepresent themselves. I am still won't buy there yarn again until I get a sarisfactory answer.. I do my best to only buy American if I can to support our Country. But if they are lying I will be supporting China, they have child labor. which I will not support. I would buy other yarns that are made in Italy or Turkey.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 05-02-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, there does seem to be a disagreement between their web page and their label. Let us know what you find out.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats just sad and wrong

I know Lion Brand lists about 20 colors/types made in the USA

Bernat and Caron are made in Canada