Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Having problems with Symbols Pattern

I am having a problem with a symbols patern at Drop Crochet site, I can follow most symbol pattern but this site symbols are a little differnent..
    Most od there patterns have a written pattern and a symbolss pattern, but not this one. I have been trying for 3 weeks trying to figure it out. So am asking for help..

Here is the link to the pattern:
    Crochet DROPS scarf in "Cotton Viscose". ~ DROPS Design
    I am trying to post a picture of the pattern but I can't figure it out.. Where I am haveing problems is the First stitch on row 1 and row 3, are the chains?.. I switch to the US version but it still did change the symbols..
    Last edited by MeerKat; 04-30-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You shouldn't have waited so long sweetie...I pulled up the pattern and wonder if you know that it's written in the British terms...they go by how many loops are on the hook, I think....so where are you having the trouble?

Post Thanks / Like
    you can click on change to english terms if that will help under the picture there is a drop down box
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 04-30-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    The way I read it is you ch 34, work in pattern (M.1C) once, (M.1B) twice, (M.!A) once. should end up with 34 sts. I hope this helps, tr=dc, dc=hdc
    Last edited by SharonO; 04-30-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am having problems with the First stitch in row one and three is that symbol a chain stitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 1st line on row 1 is a ch, then hdc, in each of next 3,ch 3,skip 3 chs,* dc, ch 2, dc in next ch,hdc in each of next 3 chs *, ch3, skip 3 chs, dc. ch 2, dc in next ch, ch 3, skip 3,hdc in last 4 chs, turn. ch 1.
    the little lines are a ch, the larger lines are dc. does this make any since. my * above is the M.1B which you work 2 times.

7. Likes MeerKat, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, the half Double crochet is what had me pulling my hair out. And the chain being vertical line instead of horizontal line like they show was throwing me off. I really appreciate your help!!!!
    Last edited by MeerKat; 04-30-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I could help, this is such a pretty pattern, I made this scarf in sz 10 thread with a 5 steel hook, , measure 5 in. wide. Have a great day

Post Thanks / Like
    You used a # 10 thread? Did you make any adjustments for the #10 thread? I bought Drops thread in the #3 and it is a mess there is about 6 strand and they have it so loosely twisted it is almost impossible to crochet.

11. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I made no adjustment, the only change I did was started 1st row with sc then followed chart, and last row of sc I used thread because that's what I had and didn't want to use a yarn. don't give up it is pretty finished.

13. Likes MeerKat liked this post