Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Crocheting Oven Mitt - Confused by pattern

Hi everyone...once again I come to you for help. I've been working on an oven mitt which will be one of a pair for my Mom for Mother's day. The pattern has been pretty straight forward until now..I've tried everything I know to figure out what I'm supposed to do now but I'm stumped. I am at the section for the Thumb opening and pattern reads "Skip 1 st 14 sc (this is pretty straighforward for me), then it says ch10 complete around with 1 sc in each sc (36 sc) Continue around until piece measures 10.6 inches. I can't figure out what the ch 10 complete around means or how to do it. Thinking I tackled a pattern I'm not quite ready for. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks as usual for all your help in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it for the beginning shape for the thumb? The ch 10 would be the thumb. Added to the 14 sc that would still only be 24 sc not 36. Is the thumb done in rounds or bottom to top?

Post Thanks / Like
    looking at the pattern now. you are miss reading it that is skip the first 14 (just like when you started it said Skip 1st 12 chs. (loop for strap). now you are going to skip the fist 14 sc and chain 10

here is the pattern part that you are at

Skip 1st 14 sc, ch 10 complete around with 1 sc in each sc (36 sc). Continue around until piece measures 10.6 inches or 27 cm. Place a marker on each side with 18 sc between each marker.
    Dec 1 sc before and after each marker for a total of 7 rounds. (4 dec. each rnd)
    Turn glove inside out. Crochet together at the top with a row of sc through both layers.
    Finish Off.
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 04-29-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dustyyes it is for beginning of thumb. And MsB you have the exact pattern I'm working. Will go back and try again. Wish me luck. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    lol I clicked on a pattern and it read like yours did so i figured it was one in the same good luck hope it helped
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

7. Likes N/A, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried and tried to figure this pattern out and to no avail...I finally gave it up as no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't master it. Guess I need a little more experience (or someone to work with in person) to show me how to do this pattern. Thanks anyway for all your help. As always you guys come through everytime! Thanks for all your help! When I find a pattern I can actually make I'll let you know LOL

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Have not done this for a long time so I pretended I was doing it and I sutprised this young old gal, I Thank your helping out.
    I know who to call on now ?? Dont worry Im so good I wont need help hahahahaha. Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    What pattern are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    The chain 10 will be the foundation for the thumb so when you ch 10 you sc in the nxt sc leaving the ch 10 as a little ring that you will go back and work for the the thumb. Hope this helps.