Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

trouble with coldwater creek jacket from caron

I have a pattern from Caron's website. Click free projects, the all crochet projects, the lacy jacket. I'm an intermediate crocheter, so I thought. I am having trouble with counting the V's and ch-2 spaces. I had to adapt the pattern for a 2XL. The pattern tells you to use size M from line 3-9 on for the 2XL size, just add 4 V's per line. In the pattern I have to refer back to medium lines, and some of the medium lines have me refer back to the small size. My question is this: I'm on 2XL row 6. which tells me to refer to S row 3. I'm supposed to have 47 V's. But if I increase V's by 4 for each line to Row 9, it says I'm supposed to have only 57 at that time. Well if I increase 4 in each of rows 7, 8, & 9, I end up with 61 V's. Anyone who can look this pattern up and help me translate it would be so wonderful.

2. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my ...be patient and someone will come along to help you who is more advanced than I. I have not done clothing items...maybe some day I will. Someone will be along to help..

4. Likes justplainjudy, caroltheteach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barbara

I'm trying to be patient. It's a lovely piece, and I'd love to get it done for my daughter. Carol

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the wonders of the Raglan sleeve. First let us look at the difference of what the S row 3 is

S Row 3: Ch 5, dc in 1st ch-sp, V in each V and corner ch-2 space across, end with dc in t-ch space, ch 2, dc in 3rd ch of t-ch, turn – 25 V's. You are not making the corner increases here as your are in the other rows

M Row 3 (inc): Ch 5, dc in 1st ch-space, *(V, ch 2, V) in next corner ch-2 space, V in each V to next corner; rep from * 2 times, (V, ch 2, V) in last corner ch-2 space, end with dc in t-ch space, ch 2, dc in 3rd ch of t-ch, turn – 33 ch-2 spaces.

You are only increasing at the beginning and the end on row 3 verses 4 times as in the other rows.

I am working it up right now but this should come out to the right count.

They could have written better.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch out for the center back increase Sizes L, XL and 2XL make (V, ch 2, V) in next sc for center back increase. They don't have this in the Medium so it doesn't speak to this inc when working the medium corner increases. I did work it through and the count will come out correct. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

coldwater cardigan jacket

I did the increase as you mentioned. But once I'm past row 4-5 it gets confusing. I'm not sure the count is correct. I should end up with 57 V's at end of row 9 according to directions, but when I follow it through, I end up with 61. Can you help with the count?

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara, I thank you for your help. I'm leaving for a few days in Ontario, so I'll pick this up again next week. I'll post if I have trouble. Love that you've already made it. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe you are counting the ch 2 space between the V sts in each of the 4 corners as a V st. When you do your inc at the corners you are doing a V st ch 2 V st so you have a V st a ch 2 sp and a V st in each corner, not 3 V st's. I hope this helps. Be sure to mark your corners and remember you are inc the corner in a ch2 sp not a V st.

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like the bolero that I had such trouble with keeping the count. I needed someone to tell me what I was doing wrong but I went on my own and it turned out alright. I am not ready for a pattern that goes back and forth from one size to another. I don't know when I will be experienced enough to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused on title of jacket - cold water creek or lacy?