Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite stitch or a pattern to use in an afghan?

My favorite is the basket weave stitch, ripple stitch and a granny square and the african flower pattern for an afghan.
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite afghan patterns are the Wave Stitch, Herringbone Stitch, and a combination I put together of Seed Stitch (several rows) and the switch to several rows of HDC. I vary the row number to make a different textured stitch, it is easy to do while watching TV or talking to others. I always do an odd number of rows, I like the looks better.

I do a lot of granny square lapghans for a group I belong to, but it really isn't my favorite to do as I like patterns that are closed up more then the granny stitch. Although I do love the looks of them. Normally I just do the one huge granny square, I don't like sewing the squares together.

Judi G

3. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Mile-A-Minute Afghans as well as the granny square ones. Actually, any afghan that is made in pieces. I do not like to make the ones that are made all in 1 piece. They become too heavy and clumsy for me to work with. I'd rather put pieces together. They are much more manageable.--Jan

5. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the ripple; but I usually use a new stitch pattern that I haven't used before to learn a new stitch or technique---the latest is a knit mitered square. Unlike crochet squares, this knit square is knit from the OUTSIDE IN and the number of stitches gets FEWER the further the work goes.

If you add other color yarns, you get right angle stripes! I love it!
    Now to learn the knit square from the INSIDE OUT!
    Last edited by Dsynr; 05-07-2013 at 07:26 AM.

7. Likes libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a favorite... I tend to make patterns that catch my eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i tried that pattern but i made a scarf from it---very pretty design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishjl View Post
    I love the Mile-A-Minute Afghans as well as the granny square ones. Actually, any afghan that is made in pieces. I do not like to make the ones that are made all in 1 piece. They become too heavy and clumsy for me to work with. I'd rather put pieces together. They are much more manageable.--Jan
    Crochet Chickadee