Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: floss18

Post Thanks / Like

floss18

Hi,
    I have been signing on to this site for a while now. I am a knitter and have felt a little insecure about crochet. I have made crocheted items in the past but am still a beginner. Due to shoulder problems I have tried knitting and then crocheting to relieve the stress on my shoulder. I am considering shoulder replacement but am such an active person that I fear the recovery period-probably no knitting or crocheting.
    I am a retired elementary teacher. I teach private piano and voice and also serve as music/choir director for our small Methodist Church. I love to cook, bake, garden, knit, crochet, sew,and travel. We have an RV at the Jersey shore where we juggle get-a-way-time in the summer.
    We have two daughters. Our youngest married and lives in Rome, Italy, We have one granddaughter with another due in Sept.
    We have pets-one old Golden Retriever(12) a rescue shelter dog with epilepsy. and 4 cats.
    I enjoy all the crafting sites and have learned so much.
    Thanks for all the help given in projects.

2. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome to the group! Will look forward to your posts. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi and welcome..

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Floss We were all beginners at one time or another you just need to jump in and make something small to gain some confidence in your crochet abilities. maybe a doll baby blanket for the granddaughter
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! We are glad you are here with us and we look forward to learning more about you and your crochet projects! Please make yourself right at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    Welcome to the group Floss We were all beginners at one time or another you just need to jump in and make something small to gain some confidence in your crochet abilities. maybe a doll baby blanket for the granddaughter
    I agree. The best way to learn is just to start. There are some wonderful beginner videos on Youtube, and other places on the internet. I crocheted years ago when my kids were small, and then worked in an office for many years and let the hobby go.

When I retired, I decided to crochet again, and I only vaguely remembered how to hold a crochet hook, and didn't remember the stitches at all. I got a package of different size hooks and a couple of skeins of Red Heart. My first project was a simple double crochet baby blanket, because it was easy and small. I decided a baby couldn't tell where I made mistakes, lol.

The internet is such a great resource. When I crocheted years ago, the only thing available were those little paper booklets with pictures. Times have sure changed!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It s nice to meet you! I crochet doilies. What s color of cats? I have 7 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello! It s nice to meet you! I crochet doilies. What s color of cats? I have 7 birds
    I love orange and white cats(probably because my mom did.) I have Tommy-an orange and white rescue from Camden, NJ who neighbors were trying to capture to train their dogs. I have Jackson, another orange with and extra toe on each foot. He came from a rescue group,also. found crossing a busy road(Jackson Road) as a tiny fluff ball. My daughter brought home a tiny beautiful gray feral from a barn where she worked 12 yeas ago-Macy Gray-named after the singer. I also have a mottled female who left her home down the street and took up residence here- Grizzabella. Her whole colony is now gone and the neighbor has moved. She is a survivor. The Golden is also a rescue from North Jersey.
    We love animals.
    I have had parakeets who talked and amused the cats. My brother raised pigeons and served in WWII with the Homing Pigeons in India. His childhood hobby saved his life for he was pulled from another platoon to serve in the pigeon command. His original platoon was all killed.

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! It was interesting to read. may be one day I will have a cat... when birds leave LOL
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.