Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

African Flower Hexagon Afghan

African Flower Hexagon Afghan-100_0240-jpgAfrican Flower Hexagon Afghan-100_0239-jpg

I just posted a link to this on Ravelry to the person who was looking for a seat cushion here on CT. I am using the pattern to make an afghan, it is still in progress, but I wanted to show you it now!

I read numerous people's remarks on Ravelry on how addictive this pattern was. I didn't know what they meant until I had made a few and couldn't stop!! This is an awesome way to use scrap yarn. For me however it's been a rather expensive endeavor as I have not been knitting or crocheting all that long, so did not have that large a stash of any single brand of yarn. I've been using Caron Simply Soft, Simply Brights, Bernat Satin and Red Heart Soft and the afghan feels really soft. Very surprisingly, to me, the ones made with the Caron Brights tend to be my favorites!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tammy. Will you post a link for the pattern here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Magnolia, This is the link I followed: Heidi Bears: African Flower Hexagon Crochet Tutorial

there are others on Ravelry - but many link back to the African translation :-) At first it was hard to follow this picture tutorial - but after making 2 or 3 the directions are pretty simply to memorize. I'd love to see yours if you make some!!

4. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Tammy! I literally get lost on Ravelry and Pinterest both. Computer illeterate. If it doesn't jump off the moniter and slap me on the hand, I miss it. LOL Lawana

6. Likes N/A, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    Thanks, Tammy! I literally get lost on Ravelry and Pinterest both. Computer illeterate. If it doesn't jump off the moniter and slap me on the hand, I miss it. LOL Lawana
    That is funny! I have to save everything I like to "my favorites" on Ravelry, and I had to add Pinterest to my favorite bar because I could never figure out how to get to my account, much less be able to log in!

8. Likes N/A, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    fantastic job!! i looked at that pattern awhile ago and i think it is just beautiful! that is one i might have to try, i am currently working on two blanket now.

10. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Maybe if I try that it will help me, too. Sure can't hurt me. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by tammyc77 View Post
    That is funny! I have to save everything I like to "my favorites" on Ravelry, and I had to add Pinterest to my favorite bar because I could never figure out how to get to my account, much less be able to log in!

12. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful !! Where is the pattern?
    thx,
    cathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Cathy2 View Post
    Beautiful !! Where is the pattern?
    thx,
    cathy
    Here you go - if you check out Ravelry there are about 946 projects going - great inspiration!
    Heidi Bears: African Flower Hexagon Crochet Tutorial

Post Thanks / Like
    tammy77 Ravelry is a very good site. I happen to just this AM go thru it and found all kinds. How do you put the http link on to your message is it hard to do. Ive never did that and should. I cant show pics yet but I run across pattern that you all may like & I could share like you have done. Thanks my friend Susan M J

16. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post