Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face New to Crochet Talk

Hi! My name is Frances and I'm an avid crocheter of anything baby!! I have started a small business in my "old age" and would crochet all day every day if I could! I have been visiting this site as a guest for several months and decided today to join so I can reply to the threads. Lots of interesting stuff here!!

My Mom (who passed away on Christmas Day, 2011, at the age of 102) taught me to crochet when I was in my mid-teens and I have picked up my hooks every now and then over the years, but only got serious about crocheting six months or so before Mom died. She never saw any of my baby hats, but she would have loved them. I think about her often when I'm working on my projects.

I live in Mississippi and the only down-side to that is....it's too hot most of the year for baby hats!! I'm considering opening an etsy shop so I can reach a larger area of customers, but I'm still not sure that's what I want to do!

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Frances! It s nice to meet you!!! I am larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Likes NanaFranna liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaFranna View Post
    Hi! My name is Frances and I'm an avid crocheter of anything baby!! I have started a small business in my "old age" and would crochet all day every day if I could! I have been visiting this site as a guest for several months and decided today to join so I can reply to the threads. Lots of interesting stuff here!!

My Mom (who passed away on Christmas Day, 2011, at the age of 102) taught me to crochet when I was in my mid-teens and I have picked up my hooks every now and then over the years, but only got serious about crocheting six months or so before Mom died. She never saw any of my baby hats, but she would have loved them. I think about her often when I'm working on my projects.

I live in Mississippi and the only down-side to that is....it's too hot most of the year for baby hats!! I'm considering opening an etsy shop so I can reach a larger area of customers, but I'm still not sure that's what I want to do!
    Hi Nana, Welcome to Crochet Talk. I see that your Mom died in 2011. It will be 2 months tomorrow( the 19th) since my Mom has died. She was 76. Although your Mom was older when she died, I know that you still miss her. Knitting and Crocheting is not enjoyable or relaxing to me. (The only crocheting I've done since my Mom passed and even before that ( since I,d been knitting) is a new stitch for me( Reverse SC) I used to love to knit and crochet. I used to drag my yarn across the living room when the phone rang and knit or crochet while talking on the phone. When I got hit by a car(Yes,I,m fine.) a year and a half ago or so, I had my crocheting with me and one of the first things I said was that I didn't want any blood to get in the bag( where my crocheting was). That's how important it was to me. It's raining out today and we've had flooding in some areas. Normally I,d say this is a good day to read or knit or crochet. I do want to try crocheting a reversible baby blanket sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting indeed. Hugs

7. Likes NanaFranna liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I hope you can regain your love for knitting and crocheting some time! I didn't really love it until my Mom's 6 months of life. We had round-the-clock caregivers for her when I just couldn't take care of her by myself any more. I began crocheting little gifts for them and that got me started again. My daughter had another baby and she suggested that I crochet baby hats and headbands for her baby and that maybe her friends would see them and want to buy from me! That's how I got started on that. I have crocheted dozens of little hats and headbands and I sell them at a local childrens' clothing store!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! Nice to meet you and have you here on site with us! Please make yourself at home here and enjoy!