Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My Dog Destroyed My new Yarn :(

I bought some yarn to make some scarves for my DD and DGD I started a scarf and put it in a bag to restart tomorrow, I got back on my PC and later I got up and turned around and in the middle of the floor was my yarn I bought.. It wasn't cheap either, I paid more than I ordinary would cause it is for my family.. and it wasn't still in the package, she had it literally destroyed.. I wanted to cry, it is a good thing I love her.. It was also what I was going to crochet for my April Challenge in the Beginners Group.

2. Likes Kathy B., Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear that! It happens when least expected! Is it just tangled or is it really unrepairable? What type of yarn and color was it maybe I have some extra let me know and I hope I can help you! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is "Drops Yarn" For the scarf pattern I got from that site, It is Cotton and viscose.. The yarn was a pain in the rear to crochet with because it was so loosely woven, I never saw anything that loosely woven before, it was beige and because it was loosely woven her teeth really snagged it up. She didn't just get one skein of it she got two. She loves to lay in my yarn, when I am not looking but she doesn't usually destroy it when it was still in the wrapper but this time she got the wrapper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh no.. that really sucks.... what a silly dog... I had a cat do the same thing he made such a mess it couldn't be undone again.

6. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it the pits when they do that.. I bought it special for my Daughter and GDaughter's scarves. She never actually destroyed yarn before, but she does like to lay on it when she can, but this was very delicate so it didn't take much to destroy it..

Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat, I am so sorry to hear that. I guess even we know our animals love us, they are still animals and love to play with things that they shouldn't. We have to remember to put our stuff where they can't get to it I guess. Mine never has the opportunity to get to mine. He used to have free run of the house but not anymore. That stopped when I had new carpet in the living room. XOXOXOXO

9. Likes amanda, MeerKat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry. Anyone with doggies or kitties can sure relate. My little toy poodle is one year old, but still in that "puppy" stage where she tears up anything she can get in her little mouth. I try very hard to keep things up out of her reach.

Last week, my hubby was writing out a bank deposit at the kitchen table, and he dropped a check on the floor. She grabbed it in a flash and ran off with it. I finally traded her a "treat" and she dropped it.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

11. Likes amanda, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, you are correct, but I put it on the table by my chair, and she has never jumped in my chair, and she is 5 years old, but I should have known she eventually would.. She does have the run of the house, she is usually laying at my feet when I am at my PC. Didn't know she had left..

Post Thanks / Like
    buggainok: they can be very fast, that is the bad thing about Pomeranians, there act like puppies until their old. It is a good thing they are so cute.

14. Likes amanda, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    awww it is a good thing you love them.....

16. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post