Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Ideas Needed for a Stay-At-Home Vacation

Hubby & I have enjoyed traveling in the past. Due to his appts, we need to stay close to home. To bring adventure and excitement like we've experienced in our past travels, I'd like to create some "mini-vacation time" for us. This would be a Total Surprise for him!

Please give some suggestions of ways to bring a vacation setting close to/ in our home:activities, foods, atmosphere, themes. Simple and elaborate are appreciated!

I love to decorate so I can create settings for our home vacation time. Suggestions for events you enjoy attending would be helpful;lending me some new ideas for places that we might try!

I'm really looking forward to reading your suggestions!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if I had a choice..I would love to have a all day all night romantic get away. Here is what I would plan..get up ..make a great breakfast..after..dress and go out..just a day trip somewhere..like a state park..or local mall..or somewhere you both like to go ..could be a beach..plan a lunch..maybe in park ..like picnic lunch..or in go out to lunch at a favorite place. YOU maybe able to visit a area that you used to go to when you first met, that would be cool. After lunch..go home take a nap with your hubby..(no holds barred..lol) and then wake ..either have a quiet dinner for two by candle light at home..using delivery food so you don't have to cook and clean..then go out ..dancing ..maybe a movie and a few drinks, or coffee and dessert .what ever you both love to do..you can even maybe make plans for the next adventure you two can have..just spend the ENTIRE DAY TOGETHER..no computer..no cells..no body else..and remember to have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    well if you are like me I have lived in this town for over 12 years and still have never gone to the 1 of the 2 museums here in town and it has been years since i went the one museum or to the zoo only an hour away and the botanical garden.
    or maybe just fix authentic foods from different countrys you can travel the world
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    With having 3 children still at home, my hubby and I cherish the little time we get to share together during waking hours. If we both have a day off from work, we'll go for nature walks while the girls are in school (we live in town and actually drive to a location to walk). It's so peaceful and relaxing. I've also arranged for a couple's massage for us in the past. That went over better than I thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, yes, yes! I can incorporate many of your suggestions into our "min-vacation!" Thanks for your great suggestions! Now, we just need to get rid of all the electronics, I don't know if we can do that!LOL

MsBhaven, we've visited museums, zoo, botanical garden many times in the past! Great ideas...thanks so much!

Momto3girls, very nice, very nice... couple's massage! Love it! Being in nature is always relaxing! Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 04-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to have a picnic at home. I used this with the Ex but I don't think we divorced over it! lol I put a blanket on the floor with pillows and I had a picnic basket with wine and finger food. You know grapes, cheese, crackers, petit fours, veggies and that kind of thing. Also had music on with a portable radio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye I like your idea too..never thought of a picnic at home..no ants and no rain..I could see this working..lol. NOW If I could kick everyone out for a day I would have it made!

9. Likes amanda, MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok I got something for you you can buy the CDs with the sound effects or just go to you tube i think i seen a 2 hour one (i usta have a radio that wave sounds ) but I have to tell you its a great way to take a nap to turn that on and go to sleep with the sound of waves hitting its like going to the beach there is also a 8 hour rain one on you tube I sleep so well with the pitter patter of rain
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, a picnic right at home with delicious food sounds enticing! Thanks for this great idea!

MsBhaven, wave sounds sound very refreshing and relaxing for wonderful nap and sound effects too!! A great idea, thank you!

12. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the idea of authentic foods from different countries. since you enjoy decorating, what about some pictures from the different countries of the different foods. You could travels to different places each night.