Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

new to both the club and crochet.

hi everyone, I'm Donna, I'm a newbie, I know the very basics which were self taught as a teenager and just began to pick it back up after many years. I am now disabled from a motorcycle accident and I saw a pile of yarn my grandmother had left (we moved in her house after she passed since it was already handicapped accessable) so I said what the heck. Now I'm into making new stiches, the broom stitch.. that is hard for me. and I made a pair of fingerless long gloves for my neice ( she is a recovering cutter and they are perfect for covering her cut marks and her cuts on her wrist} I don't want to sound so dark because I am very grateful to the man above for being here and giving me something to do that is worth doing and that helps others. I know there are afgans for special alympics (spelling?), lap afgans for the elderly in nursing homes, and for the aspca for the sheltered animals, etc. so I have lots to to do. alot of people and animals to help. i just want to learn new stitches and make some pretty stitched gifts for those who helped me along my way to recovery. Sorry if this was tmi. Looking forward to learning from everyone on here.
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 04-14-2013 at 06:46 AM.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Donna and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. You will find that we are not only friendly but also helpful and caring. If you need help with something don't hesitate to ask. There is always someone or several someones who are willing to help. Also, don't hesitate to jump into any conversation with both feet. We welcome your input and opinion. Also, if you need to vent or just someone to listen, there is always a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. A lot of us think of CT as a second family. Hope that you will too. Meanwhile, while you are here, have fun.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jan!
    I'm a newbie here too
    and now I can't seem to stay away...
    I'm sure you'll find Loads of things to crochet here.
    Crocheting is good for the mind...so keep it up Honey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna, your story almost parallels mine. I crocheted a lot when I was in my early 20's then had to give it up due to time constraints. I too am now disabled from a car accident and needed something to keep me busy and occupied. One day, out of the blue, crochet popped into my head and I was off and running for yarn, hooks,etc. I'm now working on some Mother's Day gifts for Mom, and enjoying every minute. You are in the right place. Welcome aboard from another Newbie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the message boards! We are glad you are here and it is always great to hear about others reaching out and helping others. Make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, and welcome; talk away, we aren't judging here; we just love to talk, help where we can and crochet (other crafts); happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet talk you will find a friendly bunch here
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to have you here! You sound like a very giving person. We are on earth to help one another so feel free to speak up. All here are friends and very understanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Donna! Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa addicted to doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna, welcome to the forums!