Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Post Thanks / Like

Want to learn how to crochet ,NEW MEMBER

Hello I am Debra,I really want to learn how to crochet and need all the help I can get.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI debra and welcome to crochet talk here is my suggestion go to How to Crochet Back to basics - YouTube Beth is an awesome teacher Her back to the basics videos will teach you how to crochet and if you need any help we are here to help you along as well Happy crocheting
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debra! Welcome to the forum. I can't think of any better advice to give you than what MsBhaven has already said. There's lots of helpful people here, so don't be afraid to ask questions or for help. Someone is bound to have the answer you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! It is a pleasure to meet you! Have you begun your crochet adventure, yet? This is a great group of people here who love to help others! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie, and welcome; my two cents....maybe make a granny square blanket once you learn a few stitches....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    My suggestion is to start with something simple like a dishcloth or pot holder and work into more complicated projects and I promise that by Christmas you will be doing wonderful gifts for your friends if you stick with it. Crochet is a wonderful rewarding hobby that you can take with you and fill those wasted, "waiting" minutes. Life is too short to waste precious moments! Jump in and enjoy. We are here to help and watch those YouTube videos. I have been crocheting for more than 60 years and I learn new stitches, techniques and projects on YouTube all the time. God bless and best wishes.

9. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with what everyone elses has said. You Tube is the best with the videos! I have learnd a lot from them and the resources site on here has some good thinks on it too.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debra, welcome to the forum. I have a few books to help you get started. I hope they will be helpful. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask anyone in the forums. Happy crocheting.
    Basic_Crochet_Stitches.pdf Crochet Pattern Abbreviations.pdf Holding_a_Crochet_Hook_and_Yarn.pdfLearn_to_Crochet.pdf

12. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hi debra - i am a new crocheter too and taught myself with the help of some brilliant youtube videos. i tried to do it just by reading but i am the type that needs visuals - once you get the hang of how to hold the hook and yarn and a few simple stitches, you're off!!

14. Likes MarjorieCrochets, ladyspaniels liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debra, I just "restarted" crocheting after a very long hiatus...I've learned and relearned a lot from watching the you tube videos, and tutorials you can find on the internet! Patience is the number one thing you need when learning crochet. Don't get frustrated, and do start with simple things. You will love it once you get the basics down! Welcome!!!!!