Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Problems with Utube

Everyone always talks about how great Utube is, I can not get it to work for me.
    I click on the video, and it will start and about 10 seconds later it stops, then after about 30 seconds later it starts, and about 10 seconds later it quits again. This happens on every video I try to see.. What am I doing wrong? My daughter says she hates Utube because the same thing happens to her she can't use Utube, is the some secret to getting it to quit stopping and starting..

2. Likes Irishjl, amanda0074 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does the same to me too. I tried again last week and after a half hour turned it off, I get so made at it I could screem.. lol , If you find out the secrete, let me know, will ya? Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

4. Likes amanda0074 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What in the world is Utube good for if no one can use it.. I am like you, I just don't have the time to mess around with something that shoud take 5 minutes and ends up taking a half hour.

6. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it depends on your connection speed. I have the same issue; I have a non contract and at the end of the month I can't even come on here.

8. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have the same problem here, I think part of it is internet speed of the connection. I know that it starts playing before the whole video is loaded onto my computer, and it stops to load some more, then plays what it has loaded, stops again, etc. Sometimes, if I am patient, I let the whole thing load, rewind and play it with no problem. Sometimes I'm short of patience and say to heck with it! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat- I had the same problem until my husband ordered faster speed n bandwidth from Comcast...

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it has to do with internet speed. Although since Google took over it hasn't been what it was before. There are a lot more ads and I have noticed only a section buffers at a time now, whereas before it would buffer the whole video if you had it paused.

13. Likes MeerKat, MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure your computers are updated. I have found most people never update their computers even when their computer prompts them to update. This can cause a lot of issues when viewing videos. Also they are hard to view on an Ipad unless you bought one with extra ram. Videos take a lot of ram. You can also try shutting other windows/programs that you have open. I think even more than connection speed is the amount of ram on your computer. Generally a desktop will have more than an Ipad etc.

15. Likes Natch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a fairly new PC and have it set to check updates every week, but I do have DSL but the speed isn't that great, but I live way out in the country and only have one carrier out here.. So am stuck with this up until 2 years ago I had Dial up, that was the pits.

17. Likes amanda0074 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might check to see how much ram your computer has. Its fairly easy and inexpensive to add more.

19. Likes amanda0074 liked this post