Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Arthur!!

Post Thanks / Like

Arthur!!

WelL , my not so friendly visitor, Arthritis is still hindering me. My left hand, pretty much all my fingers are really hurting this week. My husband used to say that cakes and such hurt him with his arthritis. Now I believe it! I have been eating some choc candy I made and my hands really started hurting right after I began eating on that candy. I think probably sugar does have a lot to do with arthritis pain. What do you all think? All you with arthritis, do you hurt more when you eat sweets? I will quit for several weeks and see what happens. I have been crocheting a lot too but it hurts so much right now I just can't do it for a while. I wanted to finish my coat. It is all joined and ready to crochet around the edges.... I just couldn't leave it alone!! but I have to quit for a while. XOXOXOXO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry! My hubby has RA and its just horrible. He has tried a few different diets but none seemed to help.

I hope you can get back to your project soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Patty hope this passes soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry Patty. I know you are miserable. Hugs!

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry Hon but the weather is defintely a problem for me not sugar!!! I can tell when it is going to change. We are all praying for you to heal soon. hugs

6. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it was sugar I would hurt all the time, the weather is so bad with all the storms I imagine that is your problem. But it never hurts to try something.. Of course in a couple weeks we will probably have nice weather.. I just pray you quit hurting soon, do you take anything for it.. I have two fingers that really kill me if I crochet to long.. I always rub arthritis cream on them and that helps a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do think the weather does have something to do with arthritis too. It has been rainy and really stormy with thunder and high winds this week. We even had tornado watch out a night or two ago. I guess I am thinking about my husband's sugar diabetes instead of arthritis. He had both and when I would bake a cake or something he would always say why did you go and do that now .You know I want to eat that. I didn't really understand diabetes when he was still here. He passed in 1988. I loved him so and if I had really known what to do I would never have made cakes and pies like that. Now I know a lot more about it. My friend has diabetes and tries not to eat candy or even bread makes her sugar raise. She orders a sandwich and takes the bread off and throws it away most of the time. Today they don't hurt as much as earlier in the week. It is cold today and yesterday it was really warm. More rain on the way Saturday I think. XOXOXOXO Patty

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diebeies is a lot worse than I thought, an X-SIL has Diebeties and she can't eat any sweets, occationally she eats a small piece of cake she will take a couple bites then but it away till the next day.. I feel sorry for her she really loves sweets, but she really sticks to her diet. I thought as long as you took your medicine it was ok, but not true so many people lose there legs to Dibeties. Her cousin lost both his legs before he died, so she is very careful

Post Thanks / Like
    I have arthritis in my left hand, and ganglian cysts on my right. I don't know which hurts worse at times. At least for the arthritis I can do something for a little relief. I never stop crocheting period, I just limit my time crocheting (crochet a little, rest a little) and I keep a pair of rubber gloves next to the kitchen sink. I apply a coat of petroleum jelly, slip on a glove, and run the water as hot as it will go or as hot as I can stand, over my hand. Surprisingly, doing dishes helps! (Who knew?) That helps ease the pain for me for the arthritis anyways. Now if I could just figure out what to do for the ganglian cysts. Hubby has convinced me to see a chiropractor next week, hoping he can help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Arthur mom usta tell us that's he is like a bad husband a pain in the butt the don't go away when you want him to
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

13. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post