Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Thread: dds results

Post Thanks / Like

dds results

Well, I got through the dentist appointment. now, I am trying to deal mentally with the results of that meeting. I was informed I need a root canal and crown on one tooth, 2 extractions due to breaking them under the gum line. An implant installed followed by another crown on the implant. (The other option is worse.) And on top of all of that, it will cost well over 4 grand out of pocket. I do have dental insurance, but implants are not covered. oh, how I really don't like dental offices and dental work! -janine

2. Likes MeerKat, ladyspaniels liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh My! I am so sorry! All that work and money, too. Thoughts are with you. Hugs!

4. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for you, I spent about $5,000 to get my teeth fixed and it wasn't 5 years and he needed to redo the caps.. I didn't want to go through all of that again, so I asked if he would pull them and give me dentures, and he refused to do it.. If he had have done it correctly it wouldn't have to redone.. So I went to another Dentist and had him pull them, it cost me $2000 for the dentures, I have never regretted having them pulled.. That was 12 years ago and no more pain and no more putting hard earned money into
    my teeth. They are still good and he did a fantastic job on them and they look great.

6. Likes doe1974, imj9scrochetj9, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told my dds to pull them all out so I wouldn't have to go through any more. He has refused to do so. I have had bad teeth all of my life. My mom had all of her teeth pulled out when she was in her 20's and my grandmother had a similar story, bad teeth. It doesn't have anything to do with the care of the teeth.... it is the teeth themselves that are garbage. Maybe I need to see another dentist and see what he will do. My current dentist said that if you have dentures, they don't last for more than 5-6 years.... the way I see it, that is 5 -6 years that I won't need to see a dental office. That doesn't sound so bad to me!!!

8. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janine, I have had mine for 12 years and they are still in good shape, my Mother's first set of Dentures lasted her 30 years, so don't believe him, They try there best to keep you from getting Dentures, because they have lost a patient.. Like you my teeth were always bad, my Dentist when I was small said my teeth were very soft. I would definately check with another Dentist.. They will take you for every dime they can. I am so glad I got mine done.. And right now am really glad because I couldn't afford to fix my teeth all the time.

10. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Janine, I, also, understand about bad teeth. May mother had to have hers out at 30, my grand mother at 24, my great grand mother at 22, I was lucky to have most of mine until 50, but that was an expensive struggle. It seems to take a very special dentist to deal with very soft teeth. My land lord finally found one that is able to help his after years of do overs from his previous dentist, who finally told him there was nothing more they could do to save his teeth. Please do some research before you have yours done by this dentist or you have them pulled. Also, if you do decide to have them pulled, be very picky about the look of your new 'teeth' as they will be with you for a long time. You may also want to consider having them "posted" as this is less than a true Implant cost and gives a better hold. Good Luck to you. I hope you find the right answer for you soon. Later Gater! Kit

12. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kitty Jean, when you have them posted, you still have your own soft teeth underneath, and they will still decay, and you are throwing money down the drain.. If a person has good strong teeth it probably , might, be a good idea, but when your own teeth aren't any good. There is nothing you can do with that.. I wish I had found a dentist long time ago that would fit me with dentures.

14. Likes doe1974, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get a second opinion or find a dentist who will do what you want done and not break you in the process...
    “The memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.”
    --- author unknown.

16. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had problems with my teeth all my life, and to be honest I'm looking forward to dentures. No more dentist apointments, and that sinking feeling of another problem with my teeth. I finally found a great dentist who doesn't nickle and dime us to pieces so when the time comes I think she will work with us to get dentures that won't kill us. I'm a lucky one I know and I'm so greatful. My heart really goes out to you, I really hate dental problems, worse than the IRS I think.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

18. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, a second or third opinion is always important. I was a dental assistant and have a personal jaw issue for the rest of my life. Most of the time what people don't know is that dentures, I can't think of the right word, but they recede the jaw bone; however, here's the interesting or more interesting part, it recedes the part of bone that sits on top of the roots so one can still sucessfully have dentures. Sometimes the maintenance of the dentures, ie it the right bites is what is hard; It's not a simple as getting all the teeth pulled. They need to fit your mouth and then the bite etc. I know a family like you, their teeth are bad and had them pulled as early as their 20's as well. However, the key is maintaining healthy gums. Of course w/ broken teeth and nerve expose is very painful. I wish you the best. Hugs.

20. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post