Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

ARGGHHH - What Was I Thinking?

I am trying to get back into writing crochet patterns, going through old and new inspirations, and pattern notes I wrote, some from years ago. I finally picked out a purse I made years ago, and started to test my notes and rewrite them from my personal shorthand into normal crochet language. Here are some pics of the original purse, which is no longer in my possession, unfortunately.ARGGHHH - What Was I Thinking?-abapurse-jpgARGGHHH - What Was I Thinking?-abapurseclsup-jpg

I don't have any of this yarn anymore, so I'm working it now in thread, just to test my pattern. Everything is going well, then I come to the little doily-like flap. I didn't write down ANY of my notes on how I made it! ARGGGHHHH. And when I took these photo's, the only camera I had was an el-cheapo, so even with my current photo editing tools, I can't clear it up enough to see the individual stitches.

What was I thinking???

Thank you for allowing me to blow off some steam here

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks adorable. maybe you can just make a new doily of your choosing and attach it. From what I can see, you are experienced enough to pull it off without any issues. Please post pics of your finished "new" one. -janine

3. Likes hooked for life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    experiment on it,, I'm sure you can figure it out with a few tries
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

5. Likes hooked for life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    beautiful...love the combination....happy crocheting indeed. Vent away.

7. Likes hooked for life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Experimenting is just what I'm doing right now. I keep crocheting, writing, frogging, erasing, crocheting, writing, frogging, erasing... LOL I will find something I am happy with. I tried a new stitch (new to me anyways) on this bag, the waffle stitch. Has anyone else used this stitch before? I don't think it shows up as well with the size 10 thread as it did with the yarn, but that may be because I am working in a poorly lit area most of the time. It may show up better in natural light. Another thing about the original bag, I was gifted with a small amount of beautiful lace weight yarn, and that's what I used for the doily. I wish I had much more of that yarn, but I am greedy!

9. Likes Kathy B., hooked for life liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are not greedy! And blow all you want to. We all have wide shoulder's. Your bag is lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it'd be cute to have different styles of doily flaps. Make them like snowflakes where no 2 are exactly the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3girls View Post
    I think it'd be cute to have different styles of doily flaps. Make them like snowflakes where no 2 are exactly the same.
    That's one thing I try to think about when writing a pattern, I like to make them so you can easily change an element or two or however many you'd like, so that you can make what you crochet your own. So yes, the flaps could be snowflakes or solid - granny half circles. I have been thinking, too, that it would be nice to have a pocket on the outside of this purse, so why not turn the half circle upside down and you'd have a pocket! Right? I also thought it would be pretty to have a strand of beads forming swags around the top of the purse. So many idea's - so little time!

13. Likes Kathy B., hooked for life liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is helpful to know that we all get frustrated sometimes! So vent away I say! Never know where a good idea might come from.

Post Thanks / Like
    All your ideas sound great. and making ea. one different sounds great too ! its very pretty. and yes! a pocket on the outside for your cell phone..
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy