Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help understanding pattern directions

Hope you guys can help me understand this pattern direction.... it reads as follows:

DC in same st as joining....

I thought I was following the directions properly then got to another part and my project looked totally out of wack...the next part reads:

Repeat Row 5. Fasten off. This I understand. The next part reads
    Join in 21st dc across, ch3, dc in each of the next 34 dc, ch 3, turn.

Does this mean I should join the twentyfirst dc across, or join in 2 first dc across. I am totally confused. Trying to make a gift for my Mom. Please help!

Thanks everyone. You are always so helpful!

Monica

2. Likes rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Monica, let me give a stab at it. I am going to go under the assumption that when you are "joining" that you are adding a new color

You would be counting 21 DC, then you would be joining your color to that stitch. Then you would chain 3 (this chain is normally counted as a dc). Then you would be dc in the next 35 DC's; which should give you 35 DC in that row. Most times when you 3ch like that that will be counted as a DC, which is important to know if you need to stitch into that stitch.

What are you making? I find sometimes when I am making something I have never done before that things seem to be out of "wack"; but if I am sure I have been following my pattern correctly (usually after frogging a couple of times) I just shrug my shoulders and hope it turns out okay. Which is what I am doing on my Renaissance Tunic

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you making something with sleeves or armholes? That may be your 'opening'. Will need to know what you are making.
    Rosie is right in what she said.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm making an angel dishcloth...it's really adorable. It has wings & hangs from a round ring. I tried posting a pic but can't get it to work. The link to the pattern is " http://www.craftown.com/images/32/1/281/IMG_0991%20v2.jpg" This will show you what exactly it is I'm makng. Thanks everyone for your help. I'm gonna keep plugging along coz it's really cute and my Mom has a thing for angels. It's a Mother's Day gift for her.

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but I can't get that link to work. Would like to have the pattern myself.I'll try again tomorrow. Going to relax now. Night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remove post
    Last edited by cyicrochet; 04-09-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are doing a DC in the same st as joining then when you do the chain you are DC at the base of the chain. the next part should have read
    Join in 21st DC, CH 3, DC in each of the next 34 Dc, CH 3, Turn this is how I would do it
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    remove post
    Last edited by cyicrochet; 04-09-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, found the pattern, and what a beautiful washcloth! I am sure that your mother will love it. Now I see what you need to do.
    Since you are not changing colors, I am going to say that when the pattern says DC in same st as joining, they want you to put your dc in the same stitch as your turning chain. I'm not sure tho, perhaps I will give this a try later. But now that I am thinking of it, I am sure that is what they want because you are making you wings and you will be doing your increase at the ends of the rows.
    The rest is like I said before. You are doing the 35 DC to form the skirt below the wings. So you are starting on your 21dc and will be finishing that row only partway across

But then again I think that is just what crocheting4u65 just said! I was just windier is all

@Lawana,,,I found the pattern here Free Crochet Pattern - Angel Dishcloth! - Page 2

13. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your help. I updated the link in my previous post and made sure it works. Guess I will keep following the directions as written and see what I come up with LOL You guys are the best!