Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't figure out how much thread to buy

I have this pattern and can't figure out how much thread to use.. Can anyone figure
    out how much I need. Here is the link:

Crochet DROPS scarf in "Cotton Viscose". ~ DROPS Design

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never gone by grams, I've always gone by ounces. The yarn that's listed--does it proved a yardage as well as the weight?

3. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Materials: DROPS COTTON VISCOSE from Garnstudio
    150 g color no 17, gold beige

Its Telling you you will need 150grams to make that scarf so you will need 3- 50 gram balls
    DROPS COTTON VISCOSE UNI COLOUR (50g)
    Last edited by cyicrochet; 04-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I just couldn't figure it out. I wonder what I could substitute for it, at that price I couldn't afford it. I have 3 scarves to make so that would be $50 or more, including shipping and handling, I have to put out $4,000 for Toms, Nursing home and Medical bill that the insurance won't pay, I have a $2,000 deductible on my insurance
    Last edited by MeerKat; 04-09-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i removed post
    Last edited by cyicrochet; 04-09-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Thank you, I just couldn't figure it out. I wonder what I could substitute for it, at that price I couldn't afford it. I have 3 scarves to make so that would be $50 or more, including shipping and handling, I have to put out $4,000 for Toms, Nursing home and Medical bill that the insurance won't pay, I have a $2,000 deductible on my insurance
    Hey just find some cheaper thread just make sure it equates to 150 grams for each scarf if you want to use yarnyou will need 5.4ozs for each scarf
    Aunt lydias size 10 thread might be the way to go((400yd/365. 5m; Solids: 350yd/320m colors)) I ball is 2.50 or more slightly

verses:

cotton viscose -Yardage: 1 ball = 50g = 110m / 120 yds. so 150 grams = 320 yards =3 balls I ball of this is 4.19

just curious how much are you charging your customer for the scarfs? I would add the cost of materials plus the cost of shipping and handling plus your time to the price of scarfs
    Last edited by cyicrochet; 04-10-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    you could use a fingering weight yarn you still may need the 3 skeins or so but it may be cheaper what color are you wanting to make them in
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

10. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    not so much the weight but also the yardage because the yard is what you will have to go with
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crocheting4u65 View Post
    you could use a fingering weight yarn you still may need the 3 skeins or so but it may be cheaper what color are you wanting to make them in
    My granddaughter wants a bright Pink and a light grey. My Daughter wants a beige.. I quess I will see if I can squeeze it into my budget.

crocheting4u6, that is one thing I like about yarn, it always comes in a larger skein, and it usually just takes just one skein for a scarf..
    Last edited by MeerKat; 04-10-2013 at 10:23 AM.