Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

crocheting or knitting

Am I the only crocheter or knitter in the world that my boyfriend very carefully removes the last stitch on a line of stitches and my piece goes up at an angle. Ever since my parents found out how much I spend on yarn and patterns this has happened to me. I am ending up counting each row to see if I have all my stitches. It is very aggravating!!!

2. Likes sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hon, I'm so sorry to tell you this but you have to count all the time when crocheting. Even the most experienced person has to count and rip it out when necessary. Don't get down on yourself it happens to us all, you might try marking the first and last stitch on the row and then make sure you crochet into them. I know this is a pain having to move them all the time but it works. Someone will be along that may have other ideas for you but mine is:count, count, count!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but Faye, she said her boyfriend is removing the last st on each row. What do you do about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Hon, I'm so sorry to tell you this but you have to count all the time when crocheting. Even the most experienced person has to count and rip it out when necessary. Don't get down on yourself it happens to us all, you might try marking the first and last stitch on the row and then make sure you crochet into them. I know this is a pain having to move them all the time but it works. Someone will be along that may have other ideas for you but mine is:count, count, count!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a different boyfriend??? Sorry, just having a little fun! Why is he unraveling it? Tell him to stop!!

Post Thanks / Like
    put a stitch marker every 50 stitches that way all you have to do is count or rip back 50 when working on big projects like afghans I will have like 6 to 8 stitch markers counting and looking to see if they are lined up.
    if boyfriend is taking out a stitch set a marker back 10 stitches. and then smack his hand every time he touches it. I would threaten to break my hubbies fingers if he did that lol ( but my hubby is scared to touch my crochet until its finished.)

unfortunately counting is just part of crochet
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the bf has a weird sense of humor! Perhaps you should find out why he thinks this is funny. Or,as I tell my dtr--Kick him to the curb! I get angry when someone to be proud of - you - is thoughtlessly annoyed. Stitch and count! Women Rule!

Post Thanks / Like
    If he does this now, what's he going to do if you marry him?

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately you have to count, but whats with the boyfriend? Seems very rude. Does he know how important your project is to you? Crocheters and knitters take a lot of pride in the things they make, messing it up on purpose isn't very nice, makes you wonder what he'll do if you married him. Maybe he's jealous of the time you spend making things. What does he think of the things that you've made? Does he compliment you? Because if he laughs at it, he definitely has a problem. I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't say anything, it just bothers me that he probably thinks he playing a joke about something that you like to do and obviously take pride in. My husband respects my crochet stuff, and believe me, I have a LOT, he just doesn't like to shop with me because I can't make up my mind sometimes lol. Anyway sweetie, count and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Daddy used to unravel Mama's crcohet but he only did it when she needed it unraveled. Can't imagine what she would have done if he did it to something that she was working on that didn't need unraveled.

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    never knit or crochet around your byfriend unless he his several feet away even when you use a marker you still have to count your stitchs or else you will be sorrow

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post