Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I The Only One Who Resents Michaels Return Policy????

Back in January my son sent me a Michaels gift card, which I, of course, used happily. However, it turned out that one of the skeins I bought I didn't need in the color I got. So I went to Michaels today and stated very clearly that if my money could not be returned I would gladly simply substitute another color of the same exact yarn. Things became what I considered intrusive when they insisted I give them my driver's license in order to get a replacement gift card. When I ask WHY I was told that I had no choice. Then they gave me the gift card with half the returned yarn's value. I asked WHY and was told it was because I had no receipt. But you are holding the receipt, I said. Oh no, I was told, it's not a receipt because too much time has gone by. Why did I get only half the value of the yarn, I asked. Because that's the cost of the yarn TODAY-- So I look at the yarn display and it says nothing about that particular yarn being on sale. So I go back to the beginning of the conversation and ask Why can't I just get another color????? Which they eventually did consent to. But they ended up getting my license info anyway (which they had to put into the computer 3 times because they said the info wasn't "matching up")...With WHAT? I asked. No answer. Am I the only one finding all this SHOW US YOUR PAPERS routine intrusive???? Over YARN???

Post Thanks / Like
    Frustrating indeed; maybe we need to get together and make our own yarn....sorry for you hassel.

3. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would contact the store manager and if that didn't resolve the matter to my satisfaction, I would file a complaint with my state's Attorney General. I have gone that route numerous times in my life and the AG's office has never failed to come through for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your situation. They can be that way. Contact Headquarters?? Probably will say its on the back of the receipt??? I would be maaaad as a hornet. SMJ

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes these people act like the money is coming out of their pocket, they can be very obnoxious.. I definately would call the store manager or get hold of someone from Michaels online.

8. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would definately write a wrie a leter of complaint to micheals
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

10. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't shop at Michaels. 1. they are too hard to get to in Fairlawn. 2. their selection and prices just aren't worth the hassle. and 3. Their emplyees are among the rudest.

12. Likes justplainjudy, doe1974, BarbySue, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry but I agree with everyone, ask the manager why they need your license. I don't have a Michael's around but I would not stand for getting half the money back.

14. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Me thinks i would've just told them what they could do with this policy.......not_ given my license, then taken my skein and left~~then, i'd contact the state ag and the head ceo of michaels~~perhaps we should start a writing campaign to michael's about this and let them know that there are always other places to purchase craft items,which we'll do if they don't change their policies about returns,etc~~

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anniem View Post
    Back in January my son sent me a Michaels gift card, which I, of course, used happily. However, it turned out that one of the skeins I bought I didn't need in the color I got. So I went to Michaels today and stated very clearly that if my money could not be returned I would gladly simply substitute another color of the same exact yarn. Things became what I considered intrusive when they insisted I give them my driver's license in order to get a replacement gift card. When I ask WHY I was told that I had no choice. Then they gave me the gift card with half the returned yarn's value. I asked WHY and was told it was because I had no receipt. But you are holding the receipt, I said. Oh no, I was told, it's not a receipt because too much time has gone by. Why did I get only half the value of the yarn, I asked. Because that's the cost of the yarn TODAY-- So I look at the yarn display and it says nothing about that particular yarn being on sale. So I go back to the beginning of the conversation and ask Why can't I just get another color????? Which they eventually did consent to. But they ended up getting my license info anyway (which they had to put into the computer 3 times because they said the info wasn't "matching up")...With WHAT? I asked. No answer. Am I the only one finding all this SHOW US YOUR PAPERS routine intrusive???? Over YARN???

I was once holidaying in Baton Rouge with my son and his family. My DIL and I went to Michaels as they had a sale on. I purchased a pair of bamboo needles. However, I received a coupon for 50% to be used in January. So, I took the needles back, gave my DIL in coupon and cash to purchase the same set again, but with the coupon. The cashier requested my Drs. Lic. I asked why? She said it was their policy on returns. I told her I did not live in the US and that her asking for my Drs. Lic. was unconstitutional also it was an invasion of Privacy. What does my Drs. Lic. have to do with me returning a $16.00 pair of needles. She shrugged her shoulders and said that they were told to ask for it on returns. As a matter-of-fact she said she did not understand it either. I very politely told her, that I understood that she was only carrying out orders, but unfortunately, I was not prepared to give my Drs. Lic. to a store and anyway, I do not live here, I am only visiting and I am not about to abuse my return privileges with Michaels. To which she very sweetly agreed and did not pressure me for my Lic. Apparently, this is being done because there are some folks who abuse the return policy. Like everywhere else, Peter pays for Paul and Paul pays for all. Some people just make it bad for those of us who are honest and upright in our dealings. I am sorry to hear of your experience.

17. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa liked this post