Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  99
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

New Amigurumi Pattern Needs Testing

I just posted my amigurumi penguin pattern on my blog. If you like either amigurumi or penguins, perhaps you'd like to do me a favor and give it a try?

New Amigurumi Pattern Needs Testing-amiga3-jpgNew Amigurumi Pattern Needs Testing-amiga4-jpg

Amiga Penguin on Welcome To The Nest.
    Last edited by MarjorieCrochets; 04-08-2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it! I will print the pattern and take pictures! I have a bigger penguin that I started but is in my need to finish! My youngest loves penguins! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful! I appreciate it so much, Manda. That is great!

4. Likes Carynjoyb, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so adorable! The penguin is so cute, I don't know how anyone can resist it! Missbhaven (sp) does the zoo & her husband names them. She should see this penguin! I don't do amigurumi, but that almost makes me wish I did! I did a Yoda, and by the time I was done, I swore off the little things! My RA had my hands screaming. Great job!

Hugs, Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    What a cute little penguin. I am happy to see the way the increases are written up, this is a much clearer way to write them. I re-write all the patterns I make with INC in this same way.......(.sc in the next 8 sts, INC in the 9 th st.) Many patterns write out each stitch individually causing much longer and confusing directions.

Thanks for sharing this pattern with us. If I weren't in the middle of so many things at this time I would give it a try.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    What a cute little penguin. I am happy to see the way the increases are written up, this is a much clearer way to write them. I re-write all the patterns I make with INC in this same way.......(.sc in the next 8 sts, INC in the 9 th st.) Many patterns write out each stitch individually causing much longer and confusing directions.

Thanks for sharing this pattern with us. If I weren't in the middle of so many things at this time I would give it a try.
    Judi G
    I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who finds this much clearer and easier to follow that each step written out individually!

8. Likes justplainjudy, Carynjoyb, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My hubby just print the pattern for me! It looks like a easy to read pattern! Thank you! There are some patterns that are written weird and you have to rewrite them and do it yourself as you are going! I will let you know if I get stuck or ask for help! Did you use Caron simply soft for all of it, I noticed that is what you used for his feet! I love his hair on top of his head! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Yarn Bee's Cameo for the body, wings, tummy and top knot, and Simply Soft for the beak and feet. I love the Cameo, but it's getting harder and harder to find. Any soft, fuzzy yarn would do for the Cameo, heck any worsted weight will or should work, I just like them fuzzy!

11. Likes Carynjoyb, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Marjorie, I adore amigurumi and your penguin is just too cute for words. I've never tried to do amigurumi before but have always wanted to so will try to make your adorable penguin as my first attempt. Thanks for the opportunity to test your pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank YOU dragondrummer! I'm hoping you'll get hooked on amigurumi just like me LOL If you have any questions, I'm here to help!

14. Likes Carynjoyb, janie mae liked this post