Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
    Post Thanks / Like

Displaying My Round Afghan at My Craft Show

I love all the suggestions I have gotten. At my show, I don't just have one round afghan. I have all the ones I have made for purchase. Putting it on or in front of my table won't work because as customers are standing at my table, no one would be able to see it.

What I had in mind was something that would allow it to be seen across the room. (Create "must go over there and take a look" atmosphere) the one I want to display is about 70" in diameter and is heavy. I was thinking pegboard, but also thinking I don't want to stretch the afghan by hanging it thru hooks or anything else that would go thru the holes and stretch it.

I also never know what my booth space will look like until I arrive at the location. My display usually consist of 3 6' tables that I arrange in a "U" and I stand inside the "U". I tried to upload a pic of me at one of my shows, but the photo failed to upload.

Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks everyone that has a suggestion.

2. Likes justplainjudy, SweetARoma, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you do well; you've done a great job and worked hard.....happy selling...

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like you need a screen or room divider to drape your afghan over behind your table

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about a tension rod and drape it over that
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

8. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 3 panel wooden screen divider that I've thought about using to display afghans. It would have to be placed in front of a wall so it wouldn't topple over with the weight of the afghan though.

10. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a clothes drying rack?

12. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nana Jo I was thinking of how to displa my things at the craft show too and I had an idea to get a chair with a high back on it and drape it downwards and I also want to bring a cabinet and set it up with things inside and keep the doors open so everyone can touch. Good luck at your show. Let us know how well you do. I know you will do very well. Betty