Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My Ice Tea Drinkers!!!

"Bad Birds, Bad Birds, Whatcha Gonna Do, Whatcha Gonna Do, When They Come For You?" My love birds love to drink ice tea when my back is turned.
    Attached Images Attached Images My Ice Tea Drinkers!!!-002-jpg My Ice Tea Drinkers!!!-004-jpg My Ice Tea Drinkers!!!-005-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats really cute. My grandpa had a parakeet named Budgie. Well, grandpas favorite place to sit was at the kitchen table near the window, he'd sit there and drink his glass of beer, so would Budgie!! He'd hop up on the edge of the glass, drink the beer then climb his arm to sit on his shoulder. So funny!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how cute! Does the tea make them hyper? My ferret Wendy used to steal coffee from me every chance she got, but then she would bounce off the walls, literally, afterwards! I'm careful to make sure there's no coffee within reach when she's out playing now. If I could only figure out a way to keep her off of my laptop!

4. Likes libertylady64, cybarra, Kathy B., MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So cute. I love birds. I have a cockateil that gives me a loud wolf whissel every time I walk into the room.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

6. Likes libertylady64, cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    too cute! They are lovely birds....maybe you need not turn your back on them...ever...ha ha Majoriecrochets my daughter wants a ferret how's yours for ya? Obviously mischievous cuz of your coffee story...lol

8. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    too cute! They are lovely birds....maybe you need not turn your back on them...ever...ha ha Majoriecrochets my daughter wants a ferret how's yours for ya? Obviously mischievous cuz of your coffee story...lol
    Oh how I love my ferrets! They run the house, that's for sure! Yes, they can be mischievous, but they are also incredibly smart, curious, playful and can be very loving! My oldest is Wendy, I got her just outside Chicago when she was 6 weeks old, and she is now 8 years old. She is my baby girl, and melts my heart when she curls up on me and goes to sleep. She's a spoiled little diva. Bubba is my big boy, he is our rescue ferret. A friend of mine found him in a pet store. Ferrets can NOT live in a cage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and that is exactly what they did to him. People who want to buy ferrets usually want cute little babies, and Bubba is unusually large for a ferret, so he never looked like a baby. All his liter mates were sold, and he was left in that cage all alone. He got depressed (yes, ferrets do that) and quit eating. He was dying when my friend found him, and the pet store gave him to her because they thought he was as good as dead. She brought him to me, and the rest is history. He is the sweetest, most loving, grateful baby you ever saw. If anyone pays any kind of attention to him, he covers them with kisses! Bela the Brat, is our youngest and I guess you could almost call her a rescue, too. My daughter and granddaughter had her when they moved in with us, and she had never had any kind of training at all. We call her Bela Lugosi because she will bite everyone but me, and not love bites either. If there is trouble to get into, she is the first to find it.
    They crawl under closed doors, steal anything made of thread or yarn, including spools and skeins, keys, underwear, socks, candy.... If they can get their teeth into it, it will be gone and hidden in one of their hiding places. They can open drawers, too. and are so loveable that you find it hard to refuse them anything.
    Yes, they are a pain in my butt at times, but I wouldn't trade them for all the gold or yarn in the world. That's saying a lot! LOL

10. Likes libertylady64, cybarra, Kathy B., MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwwwww how cute and beautiful birds.

Post Thanks / Like
    no the tea does not make them hyper, but they are only 6 months old, the mom love bird does not taste the ice tea but the dad and the 3 babies do and then they play tug of war with my straw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarjorieCrochets View Post
    Oh how cute! Does the tea make them hyper? My ferret Wendy used to steal coffee from me every chance she got, but then she would bounce off the walls, literally, afterwards! I'm careful to make sure there's no coffee within reach when she's out playing now. If I could only figure out a way to keep her off of my laptop!

13. Likes cybarra, MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    no the tea does not make them hyper, but they are only 6 months old, the mom love bird does not taste the ice tea but the dad and the 3 babies do and then they play tug of war with my straw!!
    I love that! They must be so much fun to watch!

15. Likes libertylady64, cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes they are! they love to climb the curtains and act like little monkeys!QUOTE=MarjorieCrochets;74487]I love that! They must be so much fun to watch![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by libertylady64; 04-06-2013 at 03:10 PM.

17. Likes cybarra, MarjorieCrochets liked this post