Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: cross stitch

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb cross stitch

I am not understanding how to the cross stitch. I am working on an afghan and trying a hodge podge of different stitches to get oriented and want to do this one and I am stumped. Can you someone explain? I did not understand the instructions in the book I have. Becky

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a baby afghan with cross stitch sailboats on it. I struggled with the cross stitch instructions also. Here's what I figured out in the process. Follow the "boxes" in the pattern over a stitch. Mine was single crochet so there wasn't a lot of height in the crochet and I put one X on top of one stitch. Also, it occurred to me that I didn't have to take my needle all the way to the back of the afghan. I did the X's in a top thread of the crochet stitch so there wasn't a big mess on the back. The other part I had trouble with was sewing in the ends (yuck) which I tried to hide in the middle of the crochet. The finished look was nice, but it was a lot of work. Good luck with your project. Annette

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reread your post and I think I totally misunderstood the question. (duh!) I think you meant a crochet cross stitch. You tube has everything, in video, and there's probably one you could find. Good luck. Sorry I was a dummy.....Annette

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I was talking about the crochet cross stitch, I will check out you tube. Hugs, Becky

7. Likes Anaisa liked this post