Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Help with table cover

[B][I][FONT="Lucida Console"][SIZE="6"]Hello all, I am trying to figure out a pattern for a table cover. I have a small coffee table and I keep my notebook on it. So I wanted to dress it up[ with a nice crochet cover. I think a pattern that is more solid than with holes in it. I want it to cover the table from top to floor all around. I am thinking the moss stitch might be nice. But wanted other ideas so as to have a nice outcome. Thanks so much for any ideas for me, shirleyjoanne

Post Thanks / Like
    a large doily would be nice....one that draps over....

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion not Cover top to floor but less than mid way with some sort of edging. What colors will you use? think about that if you choose to do a top to bottom covering.. I think it might be to dramatic with top to bottom covering. Think more sophisticated with a cozy appeal, short and sassy look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for you idea, I will think on that. I bought some cotton yarn with different flecks of color and an off white. It has has burgundy flecks of color and i have burgundy drapes, so should go nicely. I would kind of like to do a afghan stitch, but would have to do it in a couple of pieces as I do not think my needle would handle one as wide as it would have to be to cover width and length of table. I may end up doing it shorter actually, but really think top to floor would look really nice too. Maybe too much to it though, just not sure what to do. Now you have me thinking of going shorter!! LOL Thanks so much, I appreciate your help. shirleyjoanne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    a large doily would be nice....one that draps over....
    thanks so much for your advise. That would also look great too. I was thinking of maybe doing an afghan stitch but would need to make it in sections if I were to make it top to bottom of the table. It is a small table but would take a big piece to cover the whole thing. I have made all new throw pillows for my couch with all different colors, so I want to do the table cover in an off white with flecks of color. Much debate on what to do. I so appreciate your feedback. shirleyjoanne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shirleyjoanne View Post
    Thanks for you idea, I will think on that. I bought some cotton yarn with different flecks of color and an off white. It has has burgundy flecks of color and i have burgundy drapes, so should go nicely. I would kind of like to do a afghan stitch, but would have to do it in a couple of pieces as I do not think my needle would handle one as wide as it would have to be to cover width and length of table. I may end up doing it shorter actually, but really think top to floor would look really nice too. Maybe too much to it though, just not sure what to do. Now you have me thinking of going shorter!! LOL Thanks so much, I appreciate your help. shirleyjoanne
    If you're using cotton yarn, worsted weight, then maybe you should think of 'drape'. Perhaps a solid center to cover the top of the table with a lacy 'edging' style to cover the sides so that it will hang well, and not be too bulky?

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marjorie, that is a wonderful idea. I think that might be lovely with a different color top and the light bottom. Thanks so much for letting me borrow your brain for a bit. So many wonderful ideas on here. Just love you all. Great group, shirleyjoanne

9. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post