Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hats for Cats/Mittens for Kittens

Hello everyone! I am 73 years young and have been busy with crocheting hats/scarves and mittens for the Adopt-A-Pet Shop in Plymouth, MN. It is a non profit shop where rescue groups can bring their adoptable cats and dogs for possible adoption. It relieves the rescues' overcrowding problems and gives a homey warm atmosphere for people to see and play with prospective pets in a relaxed setting. My hats and mittens have a small suggested donation amount and a receipt for a donee to use for taxes. Of course, we always hope they will contribute more than the suggested amount! It has been such fun and I keep looking for additional items that might be of interest. My daughters have opened this shop and this way I can help with the shop's expenses by donating my time and crochet items for the cold Minnesota winters. Always looking for free crochet patterns.

I am married have the two girls in Minneapolis but I live in Reynoldsburg, Ohio which is a suburb of Columbus. Just learning to navigate this website so I can participate with everyone.
    Last edited by Linda Timberlake; 04-01-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Addng more details.

2. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. Have you ever used any of the patterns on the Snuggle Project web site? Cat beds, matts etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gamma Joe, Thank you for your welcome and suggestion that I try Snuggle Project web site. I didn't know about this site and will certainly be using some of their patterns. I'm especially interested in the bowl-like cosys since some of the kittens arrive frightened and need a safe place to curl up. I'm also very happy to become a member of such an extensive group of fellow hookers! Thanks again!!

5. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! I always love to hear what others are doing to help in charity for crochet! Glad you joined us here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I am also a newbie here. So nice to hear what you do for charity.
    Stacey Hughes
    Medicine Hat, AB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Stacey. I will in turn say welcome to you. So nice to hear from someone in Canada. I had the great fortune to visit Canada a few years ago and loved every minute of it. Got to see the great falls and drive around the beautiful northern parts of your beautiful country.