Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Baby Blankets

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Baby Blankets

Hi, this is my first visit here and I have a new baby about to be born in the family and I am looking for something new and different for this new little girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello MizShari and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. Congratulations on the new addition. You will find plenty of baby items at CrochetPatternCentral.com. Also at allfreecrochet.com. I'm quite sure other members of CT will have some ideas for you to consider. We are like a 2nd family here. Hope you will consider us that as well. We are a friendly, helpful and caring group. We are also quite addictive. If you have pics of items you have made, please post them. We LOVE pictures. While you are here, have fun.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the new one! You can also search in the links and resources section as well as visit the Fashion First group. Click community, then groups and you will see a list. Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    MizSheri, Glad to have you aboard. I started making a car seat blanket for a newgreat grand daughter due the 25th of april. I got the pattern from Redheart , Patterns. It is small, they make their's 28 ins There are 2 openings about 7 ins apart for the shoulder straps to come to the outside of the blanket and the buckle to come to the outside. They fasten on the outside of the blanket. I started making one for the GGd And as people saw it, they wanted one. I made 6 and sold them as soon as they were done. I make mine a little bigger, a baby doesn't stay small for long and they are put in a car seat at least for a year. I have made them in several paterns but like the simple one. one sc,one dc, 1sc,1dc. On the row 2 , Do 1dc,in the sc on the first row. Then 1sc in the double on the row below I do a couple rows of the same stitches around the outside for a border. I do them in varagated Baby yarn. That makes a thin one for down here in the heat and aheavier one for the cold is 2 strains together. Hope you have fun doing one you can keep. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like

baby blanket request

two of my all-time favorites are:
    Cable Hearts Baby Afghan by Chris Simon published at YarnCrazy Crochet World - Chris Simon's crochet patterns
    and
    Baby Love Blankie at Ravelry: Store: SmoothFox Crochet and Knit

They both are wonderful and a little bit different.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

How about a diaper bag? You could also go to Bernat: Home for free patterns. You could also look up the pattern for Baby Coordinates by Bernat( a baby's hoodie to knit)
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-01-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: wanted to add something