Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Beginner-help!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Beginner-help!

Hi I'm new to crochet and will appreciate all the help I can get-am very eager to learn this beautiful art! I am learning through expertise of others-books-computer but it's more difficult than it looks-I have trouble because those that have mastered this craft make it sound so easy! Am determined to learn!

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you Bevan, There are alot of books and vidios out there and if you have questions, we will try to help too. Check out you local library and see if their having crochet classes. My library does every thursday. And welcome to the group.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bevan and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. If you check out the how-to videos on the Links and Resources thread of this forum, you will find how to make all the basic stitches for crocheting. Also, You Tube has some very good videos as well. Hope this helps you. Also, you will find that we are a very helpful, friendly and caring group. If you have a question about anything, regardless of what it is, you will find someone or someones willing to help. We are also an addictive group. A lot of us feel that the people here have become like a 2nd family. We hope that you will think so, too. Also, feel free to jump into any conversation with both feet. We value your input and your opinion. Also, if you need to vent, we are here with a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. If you have pics of things you have made, please post them. We LOVE pics. But most of all, while you are here, have fun!--Jan

5. Likes Kathy B., Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!

You are welcome here and you can learn, just take your time and enjoy while you go. I love to watch videos when I am learning a new stitch. I can pause the video and work on what I am doing and then click go again - it is like having someone right there beside you. We have alot of youtube videos on site in the links and resources....please let us know if you need help with anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you joined us. I echo all that has been said. Keep trying and it will 'click' and you will have fun while you are making beautiful things.

Post Thanks / Like
    the main thing is that there is your way and their way and if you add an extra loop or neglect to add one it is your project patterns are meant for a guide as far as I am concerned I am always changing mine up It makes it more fun. once you master the chain and are able to keep it at a good gauge it is easier to add the single crochet and then the double if you get stumped on how to do a stitch then the you tube videos are a great way to learn different stitches and also techniques. so people hold the hook in the hand like a pencil I hold mine in the palm of the hand it is all up to you how you hold the hook when you are crocheting it is important to hold the thread so you have good tension I wrap mine others just hold the thread with a couple of fingers. You just have to find what is comfortable for you
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to add that you don't have dumb questions so ask anything you want. I have crocheted for decades and I have learned so much on here and I love Youtube for learning new stitchs and techniques.

10. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard You will Certainly Be in Good Hands In these forums, because the girls here are always eager to help any way they can

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.....any help, just ask....