Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Post Thanks / Like

Red face There sure are a bunch of us Texans . I am a Texas Transplant.

I am in New Braunfels, about 14 miles up I H 35. We live in a senior housing called Landa Place. It is about 5 years old so most of it is still in good shape. Another lady and I tried to start a crochet class but couldn't get anyone interested. I went in to it because I am left handed and thought I could help someone that is a Leftie. But no one came by. I am very grateful that I have my crocheting. It keeps me from going stir crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi welcome to the group. Glad you joined us. Sorry about your crochet classes not going over. Maybe if you tried again. Did you also have a right-handed person demonstrating? How did you get the word out?

3. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I am a lefty and I like to share what I know about crocheting; sometimes I just want someone to talk crochet to.....happy crocheting.

5. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, and welcome to crochet talk. Please feel free to post pictures of your work. Many of us enjoy seeing each others projects. -Janine

7. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the problem is not to many people crochet anymore even though there is a lot of people online but we are scattered all over the place, Out of all the people I have known throughout the years, I only know 2 people that crochets.. My sister-in-Law crochets but not on a steady bases.. She might make something ever couple of months, and One other person whe is a former SIL did it on a regular bases but she can't crochet anymore because of her age, 89, and she has nerve problems..

9. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there fellow Texan. I'm in Houston, Clear Lake area. It is lovely in New Braunfels. I love to crochet, too. I have some friends and we get together every Tuesday. We work and gab. I wish you were close and could join us. Let me know if you ever make a trip this way.

Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born and reared in Houston. We moved away from Houston when we retired. Now am about 150 miles from there, in a small town, in the country. We like it here, but wish I had my crochet friends back. Miss them. No one to talk crochet with, share experiences or patterns with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome, I love to crochet too. If I'm not crocheting, I'm reading or online..Please feel free to post some pictures, we would love to see what you've been working on. did you post alot of flyers for your crochet group you wanted to start? If no one is interested, maybe contac a girl scout group and see if their interested. Years ago, I had a mother ask me in church if I would be interested in teaching a group of 13 yr olds. It was fun, they were so eager to learn. I just taught them the granny square, most of them just kept going untill they had it big as they wanted.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

13. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure wish the group of us who correspond on here so much were closer together. We would have the best times getting together with one another, wouldnn't we! There sure would be a lot of us in our get-togethers! Maybe when we get to our meeting in 2014 we can work up something to bring some of us closer together! Who knows? In the meantime keep the posts coming in!!! AND i STILL AM WONDERING ABOUT TRENARAH!! WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO HER? iI sent her a private message but no answer yet. I wonder if her in-box is filling up? Patty