Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello to all of my fellow crocheters'. My name is Lori

Hello to all! I am Searching, and searching for a butterfly pattern, for an older refrigerator magnet. I know how to read crochet books, but I was taught, just by watching my mom. Butterfly's mean a lot to me, they connect me to my mom in heaven. If I could get the pattern for the butterfly, I would be so happy. They was really popular in the 70's & 80's it seamed like everyone had these on their refrigerators. It seems that it was made in one piece, usually in varrigated colors, and then folded, to make the butterfly 3-D !! A fuzzy pipe cleaner wrapped around the middle of the butterfly, as it's body, and the ends, curled into antenae. I wanted to make up a wreath for "Spring Time", and try using crochet thread to make into pins. Thank you ahead of time.... p.s. where is Spell check???? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa. I make only doilies and have some butterfly patterns as doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! In the quick reply box in the upper right hand corner, you will see an ABC with check mark. This is a spell check function for the reply box. There should also be one when making a new thread, but it may be located in a different place.

Welcome to the crochet forums! We are glad you are here with us! Have you seen this:

Post Thanks / Like
    CrochetPatternCentral.com and AllCrafts.net have what you are looking for. Also, if you type in Free Crochet Butterfly Pattern you will find at least 5 pages of them. Hope this helps.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi LoriP, welcome to crochet talk. I hope you find the patterns you are looking for. Please feel free to post pictures of items you make. Many of us enjoy seeing each other's projects. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry that I do not have the pattern; but I wanted to say howdie and welcome; happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ,, try this link, I have made hundreds of them back in the 70's...
    this is for the folded butterfly but you can use a pipe cleaner on it instead of tying it like it calls for.. click on the first butterfly pattern..( there will be 3 of them)....http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...y/fridgies.php
    Last edited by Kathy B.; 03-26-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

8. Likes LoriP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lori and welcome!!! There are a lot of great people here with lots of experience!!! I hope you enjoy it here very much, I know I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lori, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Thank you, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy B. View Post
    Welcome ,, try this link, I have made hundreds of them back in the 70's...
    this is for the folded butterfly but you can use a pipe cleaner on it instead of tying it like it calls for.. click on the first butterfly pattern..( there will be 3 of them)....Crochet Pattern Central - Free Fridgie Crochet Pattern Link Directory
    Thank you so much...I knew that it was a simple pattern, but, it was just driving me CrAzY !!! I crochet doilies but I was determined to find the pattern for this...I think that I must have been meant to find this site!!! I am loving just looking at the site that you gave me,,,,I am SURE that I will be putting a lot more in my FAVORITEs !!!! Because I love so many artistic and crafting things that I love to do. I can mix crochet with so many things; quilted wall hangings, making up a bunch of butterflies in all different colors and "GLUE GUN USER", glue them and other "Spring things" to make into my "Spring Time Wreath"..... I am so happy, I think this is just what I needed! Thanks again, and I really hope that I will be able to figure out how to use this site...Lori

12. Likes amanda, Kathy B., MeerKat liked this post