Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

New to Crochet Talk

I learned to crochet for the first time when I was 21. I was in my last trimester and bedwritten and bored so my friend came and taught me to crochet baby blankets so for 8 years I've been doing baby blankets here and there but this last year I injured my back and have been on leave from work and have gotten deep into crocheting and wish to learn knitting. I want to be a designer, that's my goal. I love yarn and the endless amount of things you can make out of it. I joined to hopefully expand my knowledge in both the crochet and knitting worlds and to make new friends and connections.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chololatecrochet, welcome to crochet talk. You will find an abundance of caring, knowledgeable and helpful individuals in this group. I think that there are more crochet-ers than there are knitters here. Please feel free to post pictures if items you have made, or are making... many of us enjoy seeing each others talents. -janine

4. Likes chocolatecrochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! It is wonderful to hear of your inspiring dreams in crochet! Also, congratulations on your new one that will be arriving soon! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I haven't been on here to long but there are some really sweet, talented people on here. I have crocheted for lot's of years and had always wanted to learn to knit too. After two botched back surgeries, I ended up not able to work. After I was mobile again, I found a knitting class up above my house that I went to. I learned to do a few things and it was good to learn but I have found I would much rather crochet. The biggest thing is I can fix my mistakes much easier with crochet than with knitting. It was fun to learn and to be able to say I can do it, a little. lol I wish you luck and you may like it better, lots of people I met do. Please take care of your back. Back problems are no fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    luapmerriam, I feel the same way as you, I use to Knit, and I loved to knit but hated to undo knitting.. There was a way that you could undo rows but never could do it, so I just knitted backwards to undo it.. I know it took a lot longer than the other way but just couldn't catch on to it..

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you good health!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן