Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Need help understanding pattern direction

I am working on my first outfit for my granddaughter's American Girl Doll, and there are a couple of directions I'm unclear about. Hoping you guys can help me understand what they mean. Here they are:

hdc in sm st as ch, (hdc in 2sc, 2hdc in next sc)

I have no idea what the "sm st as ch" means unless the directions in parenthesis is explaining what it is I'm supposed to do.

sc in sm st as join and ea hdc around

And the second reference again to the "sm st"..I can't find this abbreviation anywhere.

Hoping you guys can help as I am starting on this today as a surprise for my granddaughter. It's probably something so simple but since I'm just getting restarted in my crochet career, I'm sure I'll run into some unrecognized abbreviations from time to time. I will conquer this patter though! It's positively adorable & my granddaughter will LOVE it! Thanks fellow crocheters for your help!

2. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think sm means same. Thats the way the pattern sounds to me.

4. Likes Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    "sm st" refers to same stitch. In the first direction, you are asked to do a half double crochet in the same stitch as the last chain. In the second direction, you are asked to do a single crochet in the same stitch as the join stitch and then sc in each hdc around. Hope this helps.

6. Likes Val, calicat, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree i believe it means same
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

8. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if after the () does it tell you to do it a certain amount of times?

BrendaKukla is correct in what she said..

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help members! Greatly appreciate each of you! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you got the help you needed.Hope your project is going well. But I'm the curious type-what are you making? Put the love in every stitch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your help!!! Now the pattern makes perfect sense. You guys are the best!

14. Likes Val, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm making the most adorable little camo skirt with top and backpack for my granddaughter's American Girl Doll...this is my first attempt at anything like this so wish me luck! She doesn't know I'm making it for her yet (tho she was super excited when she found out crochet was for more than making blankets LOL) Hope it goes along failry smooth. I'd like to surprise her with it for her birthday!

16. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wishing you luck as asked! But it sounds like you have the determination to complete your adorable project. Help is always here when/if you need it. I'd love to see gr-dtr's face when you give it to her. She will love it i am sure!