Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

need some input yarn for a baby blanket

Last night we (hubby and I) were informed that we are going to be Great Uncle and Aunt. I have been thinking about the baby blanket that I want to make for our Nephews new little package that is Due in Nov. I know lots of time to think on this. But I am excited and considering doing more then 1 blanket. I want a soft yarn but the colors for the blanket are light brown, white, black, and a multi colored yarn. Any suggestions as to what brand of yarn to use?

P.S. parents live in southern California.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

2. Likes clara, missro007, ejatchison, fred1934 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like to feel the baby brands in the craft stores and go by that.....happy crocheting and congratulations.....

4. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My yarn is packed, but I bought some baby yarn at Walmart that I really liked. I wished I knew the brand. Here it is the only one they carry in big skeins, though. Others will come along as well and chime in - many are enjoying their spring break with families!

6. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the color choice will eliminate baby yarn but I may be wrong

8. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    caron simply soft yarn would have those colours.....

10. Likes doe1974 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Caron as well. Also, JoAnn's Rainbow Sensations and Redheart Comfort Baby yarn. To directly to the Redheart sight and also to JoAnn's. YOu can sign up and they send you sales that that have on the internet. DO NOT buy and pay for shipping. Every few weeks they have free shipping maybe for $50 or $25 dollar orders. Sensations Rainbow is from JoAnn's only. Very soft

And I use darker colors for baby blankets I make. Nice to have a different look. Many choices.... keep an open mind.

Good luck.

Janet

Post Thanks / Like
    The baby yarns are so limited at all or most Wal- Marts! Ours carries blue, white, pink, yellow, and green in Bernat and Caron! I don't know much about Joanne's or Hobby Lobby if the carry other colors darker Micael's has more of a selection than Wal- Mart but know darker colors they have purple babies are all pastel's around here in California I bought darker colors for my grandsons blanket I am making and I either bought caron's simply soft, redheart love or lion brand! I spilled my coffee all over the yarn and washed it and now I am almost done untangling it but the wraps with brand name I forgot! Good luck! Where about in southern California do they live? LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    they live near LA and my mother in law is in San diego

14. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    try vanna's choice or immpecable yarns they all are in the michaels stores. on the joanne's online site they have a huge array of colors of vanna's yarn yarns.

16. Likes amanda, NewarkCA Janet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven, The Walmart in our town carries Bernat in 1 lb skiens called "A pound of love". I found some there the other day. My grand daughter is expecting the middle of April with a girl and she doesn't want anything pink. So I went looking for other colors. I didn't find dark colors but but did get the yellow,blue and light green. I stripe my blankets so will probably get 4 blankets with them and the white that I have left from another blanket. Hope you find what you like to work with. Margaret.