Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Just me!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just me!!!

Hi everyone, a lot of you have become good friends of mine on here and have been worried about me. I am okay for the most part, have just been going through a lot of things in my life. The biggest switch that has happened is I have moved, whether it is a good thing I am not sure. I am giving it a shot though. Overlooking things that really don't pertain to me. The biggest thing that has occurred in my life is my medical issues and my mental stability. I had to take some legal actions which was the hardest thing to do because it took my children out of my home. I know that right now it was the right thing for me to do for them though. I am trying my hardest to get back everything that I had. I just have to get my life straightened around and figure out what I need to do. A lot of my problem is the fact that I don't have any income right now because I can't find a job. I am trying to go for my disability but they have told me that I am still at the marrying age and that I don't need to be on disability even though my disability is bad enough to keep me from working. I just wanted to let everyone know that I was still alive and that I had not forgotten anyone. I will be starting on some new projects soon. So please be watching for new posts from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is chauvanistic to say you are of marrying age, what does that have to do with anything. Who ever told you that is from the stone ages.. You shouldn't have to get married so you can survive. That burns me up. Have you tried an attorney, I know that is hard to do without any money. But usually they will take your case cause they know they will get most of your back pay..

Post Thanks / Like
    I am actually in the process of trying to find an attorney that will take my case. It's really hard without a vehicle because most of the good ones are out of town and I don't know to many people that will take me without gas money. But I am doing what I can to get it started trust me.

4. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope things work out for you and you get some assistance it is hard enough disability and ss doesn't pay that well any way. but something is better than nothing
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean about people won't help you without being paid.. Don't give up you will get it eventually..

Post Thanks / Like
    I need a dissability lawyer too and I'm scared to death of finding one. One in our city recently raped a woman. I've been turned down for some reason in the past that didn't make any sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tiredwrist, if you have any friends ask then to recommend one, or if you have a friend or relative ask them to go with you. If you have one word wrong they will turn you down.. Thank God my husband got it, and didn't hire a lawyer, got his check within 6 weeks he had his first check, but he had 3 different Dr. write out a letter saying he could never work again.. I was lucky my daughter had taken classes in being a paralegal..
    Last edited by MeerKat; 03-19-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you are going through all this. Hope things work out for you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear of all the problems you've been having. My prayers are with you...First and most important is to get a lawyer. They will see you for free the first time and if they take your case I think its a 3rd of what you'll get. Be sure its a disability lawyer that deals with SS. My daughter was just aproved, but it took almost 3 yrs. But I know others that it only took 6 months.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy