Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Lotus Flower Bag

Has anyone tried this vintage pattern for a Lotus Flower Bag? I'm attempting this project right now, and I'm curious, what stitches did you use? The stitches I'm wondering about are the triple, double triple, triple triple, and long triple? What stitches did you use? Any help appreciated!

2. Likes Carynjoyb, cybarra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must have had a brain fart - I didn't scroll down far enough on the pattern page. There IS an adaptation to the pattern, and I will probably try that for the next bag. I'm already on row 12, and do NOT want to frog all this work!
    Last edited by MarjorieCrochets; 03-18-2013 at 06:52 PM.

4. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to this site; but, after reading your question - I went and looked up the pattern. Wow - I've got to try this!! And, yes, if anyone has the answers to the question - please post as I also have the same questions.

Thank you,

Irene

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarjorieCrochets View Post
    Has anyone tried this vintage pattern for a Lotus Flower Bag? I'm attempting this project right now, and I'm curious, what stitches did you use? The stitches I'm wondering about are the triple, double triple, triple triple, and long triple? What stitches did you use? Any help appreciated!
    I found this pattern for long triple, which interestingly is known as Triple treble. Hope this helps.
    How to Long Treble Crochet | eHow.com

7. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I'm getting ready to start my second attempt at this pattern! Will post photo's when I'm done.

9. Likes justplainjudy, Carynjoyb, Learner18 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    it looks so pretty... im going to have to try it out.

11. Likes justplainjudy, Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First Pictures

I finally managed to finish the Lotus Flower Bag front. Please, if this pattern tempts you, I encourage you to scroll down the page, there is a translation with modern American crochet terms available! That translation is what I used to do my second attempt. I still don't like the way the leaves turn out, but it's much better than my first attempt. I debated what to use for the other side of the hag, and since I've recently become entranced by Irish Lace, and the center of the Lotus Bag pattern is basically Irish Lace techniques, I decided to do a different Irish Lace Rose and leaves for the back. These still need washed, blocked and starched, but you can get an idea of what they look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images Lotus Flower Bag-lotusflowerbag-002-jpg Lotus Flower Bag-lotusflowerbag-003-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Marjorie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marjorie that is beautiful!!!!!!!!You did really great. That would make a gorgeous doily if it was larger. Love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Washed and blocked, they came out to over 9 inches! LOL I didn't think they'd be that big!

16. Likes justplainjudy, Carynjoyb liked this post