Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Gingerbread Doll towel topper

Gingerbread Doll towel topper-img_0277-jpgGingerbread Doll towel topper-img_0276-jpg I worked on this all day. It is very cute (not that I'm bragging) but it takes all day to make it. It is the kind of thing that I like and I'm trying to make some things to sell at the yard sale. It is larger than any I've seen before it is around 11 inchs and the towel can be changed since there is a hanger inside that you fold the towel through. I like that you don't have to wash the topper when the towel gets soiled. What would you price this for if it is sold in the yard sale? It takes a good 6-8 hours to make.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always start say at 15 because they are so unique or maybe more you can always drop the price if someone asks you but you usually can't go up once you set at price
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a design you made up or is it a pattern you bought I think they are really cute
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a pattern that I bought there are around 10 toppers in the booklet. I made the shamrock ones for my March crochet exchange. There is a snowman that I am going to make next. I really love Christmas things.

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you going to include a towel? That will help determine the price. Years ago in Houston some friends and I did craft shows and our things sold well, BUT we did good to get back the costs of our supplies. Basically didn't get anything to compensate for the time involved to make it. You can always come down on the price if things aren't moving too well. I think I have the pattern for this and I love the way yours looks.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 03-15-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at the booklet again and there are 28 patterns in it. I'm working on the snowman now and there is a Christmas tree that I am doing after it also a ponsietta maybe.

8. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to get my book out and re-look at it. Am thinking ahead to Christmas and these would make great gifts. I gave up on my scarf. It took me an hour today to put in 3 rows. I said to myself,'Why am I using valuable time doing something I am not enjoying! Am I punishing myself for something?' So I gave it a hard yank, and frogged the whole thing! Feel better now.
    Bought a new booklet yesterday that has round baby afghans mad e with worsted weight yarn, and they look like big doilies. Anxious to start on the pineapple one. I was using lavender yarn for the scarf, so this afghan will be lavender. Are you still working on your bolero?

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my booklet out, and I have made the Flower one on pg16. Made it in rose with the silver thread in it and use it at Christmas. I think it is pretty. Some times I cut my towels in half so I can make twice as many. Doesn't hurt the looks of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lawana, I hate to admit but I frogged the dang gum, blasted, hateful thing again!! That is four times and not just a few rows but ten or so! I am determined to do it but I am taking a break for my sanity which may be too late but whatever!! lol I am having fun doing the towel toppers. I want to do the ponsietta if I'm not burned out after I finish the snowman/woman and the tree. I love Christmas so much and I don't want to sell these because I want them. lol That is a problem I have with doing ornaments too. I have an addiction problem when it comes to Christmas things. Ok, almost done with snowwoman back to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    it's very cute and thanks for posting picks and tell us how long it takes....happy crocheting indeed.