Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face A word about me Actually a FEW words about me. lol

Hi everyone. I am an almost-70 year old (will be 70 in june) retired grandmother who has been crocheting since I was about 15 years old. Right now I am into making dresses for my 10 year old granddaughter's American Girl doll and have probably made 20 outfits. I also make them for friends' grandchildren, too. I don't charge anything for them. I just do it out of love. On Dec 30 2012, I lost my only child = my daughter Tracey - who was 45. She left behind her husband and 3 children: Justin 16, Meghan 14, and Mellissa 10. It has been difficult every single minute of every single day ever since. Crocheting keeps my mind occupied. My husband Stan has been my rock. But my greatest Rock has been Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. He gives me strength to live every day. He eases my pain and helps me to cope. I know my daughter is safely in Heaven, where she no longer suffers. And I know I will see her eventually. Her death is not a final goodbye: just a slight bump in the road. We will be together again.

2. Likes Val, Anaisa, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh sweetie, that is such a hard loss; I am so glad that you have not only a spiritual rock but a physical one too...big hugs; Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

4. Likes GrammaJoe, yourk4@aol.com liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to our forum. You will find us not only friendly but helpful as well. If you have a problem, there is always someone or someones who can help you. And if you need to vent, we are here to lend an ear, a shoulder, and possibly, a solution. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I too, lost my only child 16 years ago. But she had never been married and had never had any children. I know that one day we will be together again just as you and your daughter will. I hope you will come to regard us as a second family. We are an addictive group. Just holler if you need help and jump into the conversations with both feet. Also, if you have an pictures of your projects, please post them. We LOVE to see pictures of what our members have been busy with. Also, have fun while you are here.--Jan

6. Likes GrammaJoe, MeerKat, yourk4@aol.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    york4, welcome to crochet talk. I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult to lose a child, even worse to lose your only. My prayers are with you and your family.

8. Likes yourk4@aol.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your kind words. I appreciate them all. As far as posting pictures, I don't know how to do that yet. When I find out, I will put some pictures of the doll clothes up.

Post Thanks / Like

Crocheted doll clothes

I hope this worked. I have tried to attach some pictures.

A word about me  Actually a FEW words about me. lol-100_2916-jpgA word about me  Actually a FEW words about me. lol-100_2915-jpgA word about me  Actually a FEW words about me. lol-100_2914-jpgA word about me  Actually a FEW words about me. lol-100_2912-jpgA word about me  Actually a FEW words about me. lol-100_2917-jpg

11. Likes Irishjl, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yourk4, you do beautiful work!!!! -janine

13. Likes yourk4@aol.com liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forums! sorry for your loss ...God will give you the strength you need..you and your family will be in my prayers. your dolls dress's are awesome! thanks for sharing!

15. Likes yourk4@aol.com liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear about your loss... I make only doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

17. Likes yourk4@aol.com liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you have joined the group. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have a great attitude and many treasures in your life! Loved your Doll outfits. I have a binder of (Dora size) patterns. You have inspired me to work on these today for my 4year old Granddaughter, Belle. Look forward to "seeing" you on the forum

19. Likes yourk4@aol.com liked this post