Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet-----Reverse shaping need help to understand

I am crocheting a baby bib. I have did one side of neck shaping. It says to reverse shaping to correspond to first side. Please explain. I don't understand.

Thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mitzi1, I don't know if I am explaining this coherently but if you crochet a certain number of stitches before decreasing to make one side of something, in reverse shaping, you decrease the number of stitches needed first, and then crochet the remaining stitches. If this doesn't make sense, you might try looking at You Tube to see a tutorial on reverse shaping. Good luck.--Jan

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, what I understand is, once you shaped one side lets say the left side, now you reverse and do the right side where you would have the dec or shaping done first...hope this helps....happy crocheting. (example lets say you 5 sc and dec two on the left side you would dec two and 5 sc on the right.)

5. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you understand what these sweet ladies are saying, it might help to write the instructions down. It's hard to explain, so much better if I could show you.