Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
    Post Thanks / Like

Softer Feeling Yarn

By accident when making Dad's blanket, I found that Caron Simply Soft yarn is much more softer than Red Heart. My husband was looking for some more Red Heart in the teal green/blue and found some Caron Simply Soft that was the exact same color... and it matched perfectly side by side! I found, though, that Caron is softer.

Are there more 100% acrylic yarns that are soft? And at a reasonable price? The Caron was 6oz and the Red Heart 7oz.
    ~Tammy~

2. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried Herrschner's brand of yarn? I saw they have 8oz med weight for $2.97.
    ~Tammy~

4. Likes justplainjudy, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Caron yarn but I do know Red Heart just came out with a line of "love" yarn that is really soft.

6. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Caron is softer but I heard the same as Kay, that Red Heart has a softer line too....but I liked caron for my projects....as for Herrschner's brand, I haven't used it....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use red heart like most everybody, I have carons simply soft that I bought on sale it was the 1 pound, I really love when I find deals like that 1. The redheart love is really soft and does make a difference on what you are crocheting! When I crochet slippers the softer the yarn the better, even though I have a lot of slippers I made with regular redheart yarn! The redheart with love the colors are a bit different in colors the teal in the regular redheart is lighter than the love redheart! I think the love is also 6oz also that I am not positive and don't know where my love yarn is right at this moment! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Red Heart myself and Bernat yarns. We have such limited yarn choices here in Canada. Right now I am using Peaches And Creme cotton yarn for dish cloths. We have a store going out of business and I found it there. They had never carried it before and I tried it as an experiment. I liked it so much that I stocked up before the store closed. We do occasionally get Lion Brand yarn up here, but Red Heart and Bernat are our main choices.

10. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've made some shawls with Bernat baby sport - it is very soft. I usually buy what's on sale; sometimes I find some at Big Lots. They carry Gala and some others however, not all Gala yarns are soft; some are very scratchy. A good way to "feel test" is to put the yarn up to your cheek. I use a lot of Caron Simply Soft because I make hats for Knots of Love. They have a required yarn list to make sure the hats are soft and the Simiply Soft is the one I can get at Walmart.

12. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Red Heart Soft - I find it doesn't split as much as the Caron so is easier to work with - they also sell that teal color in the "super soft" size which is pretty economical.

14. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite yarn I've ever used is the Hobby Lobby brand called "I Love This Yarn". I really love it, but it's a bit on the expensive side, I think. It's about $3.99/skein. I try to wait and purchase it when it's on sale, which happens from time to time. Usually it's about a 40% off sale.

16. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boopie" I bought some Hershnners yarn, it isn't near as soft as carons Yarn, but not as scratchy as Red Heart, I love Priemiers Debra Norville Everday Yarn it is so soft in fact I like it better than Carons Yarn, Carons have a tendecy to split when I crochet. But if you want to make a soft afghan Go with Caron's Soft or Priemiers Debra Norville Everday, now I don't know anything about the other Debra Norville's yarns.. Hershnerrs I like making Hats with it and gloves..

18. Likes amanda liked this post