Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

What to do with that extra yarn or blankets that no one wants

I have restless hands and crocheting is a way for me to relax after caring for my grandchildren all day. Didn't know what to do with all the blankets that I had made until I found out there was a chapter of Project Linus in my area. This organization collects blankets (crocheted or knitted) and gives the blankets to children in need. It is a worthwhile organization and can use yarn, completed blankets and cash anytime. You can check out their website at Project Linus-Home. If there isn't a chapter in your area, you might contact them about setting up one. Feel better knowing that my blankets are going to those children that really need to know that someone does care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! We are pleased to have you here on site with us!

Thanks for sharing with us! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. That is a good thing you are doing, but I have children, Grands and Greats that want mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi LindaKay, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and a big Welcome to the group!!! You are doing good work with your crochet blankets. Super!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lindakay, welcome to crochet talk. That is wonderful that you are able to donate not only your time, but your finished projects as well. As you finish a project, feel free to post pictures. Many of us enjoy seeing each other's projects. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome. Nice to meet you neighbor. I think restless fingers are a requirement to join our group. You 're going to fit right in here. You are already thinking of others by sharing your craft and sharing your knowledge of useful information. Thank you.

8. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    howdie, and welcome; great idea...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. My spare crocheted blankets, hats and scarves are donated to two local charities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I make lots of things for charity, mostly baby hats and prayer shawls for my church. When my dgd was born 6 yrs ago, she was a preemie, and received a beautiful fleece blanket from the Project Linus group in that town. She still treasures it!!

12. Likes amanda liked this post