Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: stepmom1995

Post Thanks / Like

stepmom1995

I have been trying to intoduce myself but am having trouble finding my way around. Hopefully I can get into this and get to meet all of you. Please be patient.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. O am addicted to doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    You did well! Welcome aboard. You will like it here and catch on before you know it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! Glad you have joined us!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too, got a step daughter in the second marriage. We had a lot of problems when we first started out. Carolyn was 4 years old , spoiled roten by her grandmother. Many a time I got,
    "" Idon't have to do that.''' Finally I poped . I told her that as long as she was in my house, she would do as I told her. It was about 4 degrees out side so she couldn't go outside. And we had moved from Seattle to N. Dakota. So none of the family was around., For about the first 5 years , you could cut the tension with a fnife. But I think what saved us, I love to read. We would go to the libary and come home with loads of books. She got her's to take to her room then bring me the one we were going to""" read'that night. By the time she started school she could read the easy books. we kept up the libary. A lot of people would say she looked like me, But I could look at her and know that she was thinking " I don't look anything like her." I will always be the Stepmother. She has a son and a daughter of her own now. The daughter will have a little girl the end of next month. I am not included in the"""' girls". That is what I wanted the hats and cocoons for. At least I can do something that a lot of the other women can't. And I have a great group behind me to get some odd things done. I have a pattern to make booties with a crocadile stitch. And learned how to do it. I am making booties that look like flowers. George wants something to eat so I better get a move on. Take care , Margaret
    Being able to talk with the group keeps me looking for different ideas.

7. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group.. I am also a stepMom to 3 girls.. when we married they were 15, 16 and 17' I been married to there Dad for 32 years, and we still don't get along, but since he only sees them every couple of years I do my best to be nice to them when they are here.. I wish they would do the same thing but they don't, but I will still try to be nice to them for his sake.