Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Introducing myself

Hi: I've been crocheting since a young mother, I'm left handed, so it was a challenge to learn all those years ago, I love YOUTUBE and all of their helpful instructions, and there are so many crochet web sites, but not too many patterns of clothing - that are in English. This winter I went on a crochet blitz and I've made a sweater for a daughter and for 2 of my grand daughters, and 2 for myself. I was quite happy with the way they turned out, but I can see lots of room for improvement. I'm currently working on 3 sweaters, made a pair of high top booties in pink and brown, they are cute! Today I'm working on a Hex Tote, and here's the link to the website, thank you futuregirl.
    futuregirl craft blog : Secret Hex Bag Project
    I'm putting notices in our local paper and other boards, to start a crochet/knitting/handwork group. So far 2 people are wanting to do this, and when there are 8 - 10 we will start. I love to work in groups, find other's accomplishments inspiring. What are the rest of you doing?

2. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the online crochet community here! We are so glad that you decided to join us! Please take some time to look around and learn some things as well as share with others the joy of crocheting!

We do have quite a few videos in the Links and Resources for left handed crocheters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shirleyanne, welcome to the forums!

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Welcome to the group, . That would be nice if you could start up a group, I bet that would be fun..

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Shirleyanne and welcome to the group. Glad you could join us. I'm Jan. If you need help with something, don't be shy in asking. Someone or several someones will be able to help you. Also, join in the conversations. We are like one big family. Also, post pics. We love pics. Enjoy your stay and have fun.--Jan

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome here! I am addicted on filet things now. I have 4 big UFOs - one doily and endless runner and tablecloth and bedspread! Is not it enough for human being?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

11. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shirley, I am Margaret. I am Texas transplant. We came back to Tex in 74 and stayed in the one area. Been in several towns But in the same area. I also am a leftee. I tried teaching crochet but the older women couldn't seem to work with my left hand holding that hook. We live in senior Housing and I was hoping to find at least a few that wanted to learn. I wish you good luck with your projects. Let us know how you are doing. Margaret

13. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Margaret is nice name
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

15. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, ShirleyAnne and Welcome!!

How long have you been an underachiever? Holey Moley, girl!! I am thinking that you've got many some pictures of your work? We just LOVE pictures around here and just get a big kick out of them!! We love pictures of crochet work, grandbabies, pets...and any thing you want to share with us!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone: Thanks for all the responses to my introduction. I've been crocheting for 50 years, and have mastered my left handedness, I just do the pattern in reverse, and usually it turns out OK. If it's an umbrella, the handle goes in the opposite direction, but no one notices! I was following some Pinterest this morning, and came across this wonderful, colorful website of mostly crocheted purses, and they are so yummy, and she sells her patterns. For those of you who sell at craft sales, or have lots of grand daughters, like I do (8), this is a wonderful page to drool over. Here's the link:
    Handmade crochet bags and purses
    Have fun.